The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
6 WEEKS IN
02 May 2013, 16:56
What a great way to stay connected to those that are toughing out a fast day but also celebrating results. My husband and I started together mid March and he has lost 18 pounds and I have lost 10. He is much more disciplined on his regular days than I am, but his goal was 40 pounds and mine was 25-30! It has been a resounding success for both of us after doing all the other fads! We both just had our bloodwork done and are anxious to see those results. We are hoping to ultimately get off the high cholesteral/blood pressure rx treadmill if we can make this work! Look forward to being a part of this great trend to better health!
Re: 6 WEEKS IN
02 May 2013, 17:38
Welcome to the forum and Congrats on both of your acheivments (don't you just hate that guys can lose so much easier? lol). There are many on this forum that would like to know how your tests came out if you are willing to share the results. Always intested in health benefits as I already know the weight benefits. Looking forward to more posts on your journey. :)
02 May 2013, 17:39
Hello there!
is that Tucson Arizona, by any chance? Great
weight loss - 2 stone! Very well done! Know exactly what you mean about the meds. - I take beta-blockers and something for my BP. This 5.2 malarkey is really catching on isn't it? Sounds like I'm preaching to the converted, you are both doing so well and loving it by the sounds of things. Long may it continue! Good luck, welcome and please keep posting! (Some stats would be great too :smile: !)
02 May 2013, 22:38
Hey! Hope you're in Tucson, beautiful town! My daughter is going to start law school in the fall. Congratulations on your progress. Keep it up! :grin: :grin:
03 May 2013, 01:13
Congratulations to both of you! Such great results!! :like:

My DH and I are doing the plan also. I'm more strict about it, so he will probably lose more weight. Seems like men can just think about going on a diet and WHAM! there goes 3 lbs!! :bugeyes:
03 May 2013, 04:25
Hi there I am a newbie! :D

Gaitless... I love your signature...sweat is fat crying! So funny! :)

I am wondering as you are much further along than me (this is my first week) if you have noticed that your measurements have dropped quite a bit?

I am wondering if the weight lost on the scales is more muscle than fat? So even if scales go down for me I am anxious I am losing muscle and not fat?

Just wondering if anyone has found that even if the scales haven't gone down much, their clothes are feeling heaps looser or the tape measure numbers are getting smaller?

Thanks From a newbie for any feedback anyone can provide!
emma
03 May 2013, 04:44
Excellent work! :like:
05 May 2013, 18:08
i.love.apples wrote: I am wondering if the weight lost on the scales is more muscle than fat? So even if scales go down for me I am anxious I am losing muscle and not fat?

Just wondering if anyone has found that even if the scales haven't gone down much, their clothes are feeling heaps looser or the tape measure numbers are getting smaller?

Thanks From a newbie for any feedback anyone can provide!
emma

Emma, my clothes and measurements are much reduced even if the scales don't always show a drop. That is what makes me know that it is fat being lost and not muscle.
8 posts Page 1 of 1