The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
As the title says really. I have a virus which is doing the rounds - I feel exhausted, have episodes of faintness and just feel very shaky and ill. My appetite is largely undiminished though (bah). I really want to do a fast as I haven't done one this week and normally do three. I don't want to hamper my chances of getting over this though. Any thoughts gratefully received.
Personally I'd do what my body was telling me. If you feel like you can still fast, then by all means do it but don't force it, if you feel like you need to eat something then eat and just start again next week when you're better.

Get well soon!
Suppose it depends on how bad you feel. I stick to the old adage, feed a cold & starve a fever. I have warded colds off in the past by upping my calories. Depends what kind of virus it is. Don't think missing one week will matter.
Take care of you first and foremost. There will be plenty of fasting days when you feel better :)
Many thanks for your kind replies. Yes, as you say missing one week won't do much harm. I'll listen to my body and in that way play it by ear. It's strange though, I feel off my food and nauseous one minute and then ravenous the next. V odd. Just hope I shake it off sooner rather than later.
Yes, absolutely, continue with your fast. These fasts put very little stress on the body. If you are at 25 BMI, your body has plenty of energy stored up to get through a day or two on reduced calorie intake. Just make sure that the food you do eat is packed with nutrition.
6 posts Page 1 of 1