The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting & eating clean
03 May 2013, 16:15
Hi, I lost 1 1/2 stone following the eat clean diet but then it stopped coming off and I switched to The Fast Diet, I enjoy it but have gone back to my previous bad habits of eating too much sugar and I feel yukky, exhausted and getting more migraines. :confused:
I've lost around 3 pounds since starting the FD (4/4/13)but the rubbish I'm eating on feed days is playing havoc with my energy levels (I suffer from CFS/M.E). I totally get that I'm to blame! Anyway, do you think it's possible to fast and follow eat clean principles on feed days? I would be eating small amounts of protein and complex carbs six times a day?
Apologies for waffling! :geek:
Re: Fasting & eating clean
03 May 2013, 16:24
You can eat any way on the feed days, the principle is to restrict calories two days a week (for weight loss) and protein for health benefits.

So frequent eating of protein and starchy stuff will fit in fine.
03 May 2013, 16:26
I stupidly ate high carb today, and went back to my old problems of shakiness and extreme hunger. I'm going to stick to a winning combination of fasting and low carb, which I feel great on
03 May 2013, 16:30
by the way Pumpkin42, your avatar is great but it is already being used by someone else. I don't think there is any rule about not sharing avatars but it might be better to get a different one - piglet maybe? Here he is looking thoughtfully at the bowl of oats, and milk jug, and trying to work out if he can fit them into his fast day calorie allowance:
03 May 2013, 16:34
Thank youPhilT and Minumonline~ that's great, the benefits of IF are great but I'm sooo bad on feed days with sugar especially so the 2 combined might be the way for me!! Sorry you feel rough today Minumonline. Xx

Dominic ... Love piglet, will now get my son to help me set it up!
04 May 2013, 05:06
In my experience clean eating/maximum nutrition for minimum calories works very well on this way of life and not just on fast days.

Now that I am fasting with 22-24 hours between meals I know that I no longer need to eat snacks on normal eating days so eating three healthy meals a day means that I can last from one meal to the next with no hunger pangs. If I eat something like (my favourite) rice crackers - as much as I love them in no time at all I find myself hungry wanting either more rice crackers or more of something else sweet.

Naturally it is horses for courses and when it comes to eating what makes me hungry i.e. simple carbs may fill someone else up. I suppose the best thing to do is experiment a little spending 2-4 weeks on different nutrition breakdowns and see what works best for you.

Good luck!
04 May 2013, 06:33
From my experience and reading a lot of posts on here, anything you do on feed days is fine as long as you eat ALL of your TDEE calories, so about 2000 for a woman. They can come from whatever you choose, but if you restrict calories on feed days as well, that is what puts the body into slow metabolism mode, and you don't lose as much.
7 posts Page 1 of 1