The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Is this ok.......?
03 May 2013, 16:23
This morning I woke up and thought 'today's the day' and so began my first fast day!

However by 12pm I was ravenous and quickly decided that maybe today wasn't a good day afterall and that it may be better to do it when I was working, rather than at home all day.
So I ate.
I ate probably just over 500cals in one go ( previous to that I ate at 7pm last night) and now I feel like I can manage not to eat again today, so would that count as a fasting day......or not?

Thanks for any advice.
Re: Is this ok.......?
03 May 2013, 16:27
sure, if you can make it to breakfast that's 36h with only 500 cals. Perfect.

Several of the scientific trials did lunch only at 12-2pm for ease of feeding the patients in a lab.
03 May 2013, 16:29
Hi I would say yes that is fine ,you have had your 500 calories it does'nt make any difference what time of day you eat them , best of luck
03 May 2013, 16:33
Thanks PhilT.....
I kinda felt like I had 'blown it' when I ate and thought I was in for another failed diet!

My calorie intake is only approximate but I guess if I can make it through to bedtime, it's a start at least.
Next fast day I'll be more prepared and get a 500 cal meal ready.

Thanks again!
03 May 2013, 16:43
Thanks Carol.....I have gone from feeling deflated to 'I can do this'
03 May 2013, 16:45
Well done - :)
03 May 2013, 16:51
Thanks Rhonda :)

Our start and goal weights are almost identical!
03 May 2013, 16:56
As the others have said, I think this is absolutely fine! Fasting gets much easier the more you do it and it's also far easier when you've planned your day foods and also make sure you drink plenty to help stave off any hunger pangs.
Well done on you good start, keep it up :-) xx
03 May 2013, 17:26
I've had days where I have gone over my 500 by a hundred or so -- I still consider it a success as I'm still learning what works for me and I figure I have reeped the benefits of fasting at least 10 to 12 hours.
03 May 2013, 19:07
When I started 5:2 there was so much information to take in that it was a bit overwhelming and doing the first fast was a real challenge. However, with the help from people on this forum I soon realised that we approach the fast day differently. e.g I find 3 small meals a day suit me, whereas there are some who eat only one meal. Now I am more familiar with how my body reacts I am a lot more relaxed about it all. If I overeat on a designated fast day, I just do the fast the next day.
04 May 2013, 07:43
Charlie10 wrote: Thanks Rhonda :)

Our start and goal weights are almost identical!

Cool :smile:
11 posts Page 1 of 1