The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

16 posts Page 1 of 2
When you chart your weight on the progress tracker do you use your lowest weight for the week? I weigh everyday, always have. Depending on what days I fast, my lowest weight day varies. Should I pick one day and always use that day's weight, like every Saturday morning or should I use the lowest weight of the week when I log it in on Saturdays here even if it was from Th or Friday morning? I know it may be a silly thing to ask but since my first fast was on a Monday technically my week ends on Sunday. BUT who wants to weigh in on a Monday morning after a weekend of non fasting?? :bugeyes: Thanks! :grin:
I was wondering the same thing. I usually fast Monday and Thursday and record my Friday morning weight, but this week I fasted on Wednesday and had a potluck on Thursday so my Friday morning weight was two pounds above Thursday morning. The fluctuations throughout the week are insane!
Yes BluDiamond! Exactly why I was wondering about it. The trend is down every week but I really want to use the lowest weight, haha.
I always weigh in on a Monday despite having a weekend of eating as then I know my weight won't go up again as that's the highest weight of my daily weigh ins, if that makes any sense? I know then it's a weight I usually won't see again and that keeps me motivated! It won't matter really which day you pick though as long as you are consistent!
There is an app that you can track your daily weight in and see a trend line which some people here like to use. Wish I could stop myself peeking daily, but I just can't help myself and I can now use my daily weigh ins to quite accurately predict my final weight loss.
I fast on Mondays and Thursdays and record my Tuesday mid morning weight on here. I am ashamed to admit that I do have a sneaky weigh in every morning and record it on an app called True Weight that someone here recommended. I know it seems excessive but my weight varies so much over a week that I find it interesting to record it on the app. Hope that helps.
:curse: I always put my Tuesday weight on here on the progress tracker regardless of my fast days

I only record PBs on MFP to keep the chart as smooth as possible

I record my Saturday weight on the family spreadsheet

And I check in between !!
Thanks for the input. I guess it is just consistency that counts.
I weigh every day but use an app with a trend line that smooths out the peaks and troughs.
I do the same thing as miffy49. Weigh every day, but use Libra for Android that uses averages to smooth the trend. There is a lot of science behind the smoothing and i find it is pretty accurate, when looking back at my history. Check out the app - Its free. I am sure there is an ios version somewhere that uses the same technology
I record both Friday and Saturday and choose the lower. Believe it or not, though fast day is Thursday, lowest day has been Saturday 2ce!
I weigh every day that I'm home with my scale and post it daily. I don't worry about it, as overall, it's downward. I don't sweat it; I know that it will all work out.

However, I know that everyone is different and what motivates one person is discouraging to another. Do what works for you. Experiment and see how you feel. Change if what used to work for you doesn't any more.

If you are unable to carry through on a fast, don't sweat it. Tomorrow is a new day and you'll be ready for it. This morning I was going back and forth on whether I would actually fast today. When I picked my breakfast (mushrooms, zucchini and a soft boiled egg), I knew it would be a good day to fast, and it has been!

Someone gave some great advice: Be kind to yourself.
It's all good.
I find I sometimes weigh less on the two days after my second fast day then I do the day after. I think a consistent day before eating is probably most reflective of actual weight trend.
I'm with Bordergirl on this. I post my weight on the tracker every day.
Ups and downs no matter because overall it goes down. I also add up all my daily weighs for the week and divide them by seven to get my average weight for the week.

<----- See my blog on the left if you want to see how that works out.

<----- Click here to see how a progress chart looks with daily updates.
I weigh daily but I log in my diary once a week on Thursday (fasting Tue and Fri). My "official" log on My Fitness Pal I was doing once a month on the 6th of the month.

I never knew there were app's that can smooth out the curve and give you a closer idea of your true weight, methinks I should look into something like this. It sounds like a very good idea.
I track every day that I am able to weigh. There is a downward trend overall so minor ups do not dissuade me. Plus my low scale days don't always coincide with the fast days.
16 posts Page 1 of 2