The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I did it...!
04 May 2013, 07:15
Yesterday I completed my first fast day!

I went from 7pm Thursday through to now, Saturday morning with one meal (slightly over 500 cals tbh as I thought I had failed and was going to abandon my fast for that day!)
So this morning I have woken up and feel fine, not hungry at all but am on my second coffee which is normal for me.

I feel very pleased with myself and despite thinking yesterday of all the lovely things I was going to eat today, I now feel I don't want to spoil my efforts and I will just try and eat healthily today.

Tonight we are going out to 'friends' for dinner. I say friends because we actually only met very recently in Mumbai airport while waiting for a connecting flight!! They sat next to us, we got chatting and it turned out that they live about 4 miles away!
So tonight I will be enjoying an authentic cooked curry (they are Indian) and hopefully I won't be feeling guilty about it!!

Next fast planned for either Monday or Tuesday, haven't decided yet.
Loving it!! I hope the feeling lasts!!
Re: I did it...!
04 May 2013, 07:19
YAY! It's a great feeling isn't it! May it be the first of many.
Enjoy your meal tonight- please post details as I love Indian food- no guilt.
04 May 2013, 07:24
I will post details!!
They are originally from an area in the North West of India and so we are having food typically from that region....I can't wait!!
04 May 2013, 07:25
oh, my favourite food area cos it doesn't tend to have chilli in it. The south is too nippy and burny for me. Looking forward to this - just as well this is a way of life/eating forum and not a diet one!
04 May 2013, 07:34
Well done :)
Look forward to hearing about your dinner tonight - love Indian food myself. Enjoy.
5 posts Page 1 of 1