The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi :)
So today was my first attempt at a fast day. I had my dinner last night at 6pm, then ate a cup of soup at 1pm today (78cals) and another at 4pm, then dinner will be at 6pm (2 hard boiled eggs).
I had water all day too.
Is this okay? Or do I need to fast without eating anything until the 24hrs is up?
Any guidance would be muchly appreciated, thank you :)
sounds to be ok, I guess you're well to the East of me from the timings as its 09:20 here :-)

5:2 Fast Diet isn't "water only" for the fasting period, its reduced calorie to ~25% of your daily needs so you're on the right track.
Oops sorry, forgot to mention I am in Australia :)
Thank you, I guess I was just looking for some reassurance as today came a little easy (I thought it was suppose to be hard) so wasn't sure if I was doing it right lol
Hello Mardar and welcome- yep, you're on the right track. 500 cals over the fast day split how you want/manage. Lots of info and ideas here to help you on your way.
Could you maybe fill in the stats at the side of your posts then we'll know where you are! :)
And well done on getting through the first one
4 posts Page 1 of 1