The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Is 5:2 anti-indigestion???
06 May 2013, 13:05
Hiya peeps!
As some of you might know, it was Easter Sunday yesterday in Greece. We are still in the Easter weekend, although the eat-till-you-drop has mostly faded out.

Anyway, Easter in Greece is all about eating and I'm very good at it. :cool:
On Saturday, after church (at midnight) we eat a soup made with all the insides of the lamb boiled in broth made of lambs meat with lettuce, spring onions and various herbs. I usually eat one or two portions, one coloured egg and I'm in need of Rennie. This time, I had 3 platefuls, one egg, cheesebread, ice cream and I was A-OK.

On Sunday, it's lamb on the spin with jacket potatoes, kokoretsi (that's similar to haggis), tzatziki, bread, eggs etc. I usually eat some of that and then also seek for some Rennie. This time, I was eating for about two hours. I had ice cream and then I went straight to bed fr a nap. No Rennie, no club soda, no nothing. When I woke up, I ate some more!!!

Now, I know that some of you claim that you can't eat as you used to but I obviously have the opposite effect. Not only I can eat more but I also have no problem digesting it, LOL! And, to be honest, I like it!!! I don't eat like that all the time but when I do I'm happy not to suffer afterwards! :grin:
Re: Is 5:2 anti-indigestion???
06 May 2013, 13:20
I,m slabbering here in my fasting state , I love kokoretsi and the lamb sounds divine. I sometimes think that certain food needs the atmosphere of festivity and sunshine to be really enjoyed and for me lamb tops the list. A lamb cooked in Jordan or Sardinia, with the aforementioned sunshine, tastes heavenly. A lamb hotpot on a miserable, grey day in Scotland hits the spot but lacks that extra oomph that comes from eating outdoors. Nice to hear you didn't get a belly ache TML from all your feasting!
06 May 2013, 13:46
Yes but you can't beat a bowl of minestrone in Stirling, can you?

I got no ache, no pain, no nothing. First time in my life, I'm soooo happy! Everybody was "aarghhhh I ate too much" and "pass the soda, please" and I was still eating and drinking!!!
06 May 2013, 14:39
Forgot to say..
While everyone else was either commenting on how much weight they will gain or which diet they will start (or not start; that came with various excuses) I knew that I will fast on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and put everything back into place in no time. It was very liberating!!!
4 posts Page 1 of 1