The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

13 posts Page 1 of 1
This morning I had really cold hands which I'm used to on fast days but also had numb tingly fingers like I couldn't quite feel things properly. Anyone else had this?

It occurred quite early in the fast too just before lunch so really I'd only skipped breakfast.

I was fine by later afternoon so I'm not too worried. Just curious to see if anyone else has these symptoms. :?:
Do they go really unnaturally white too?

I get raynauds phenomenon which = numb/tingly fingers that go completely white, usually from the tips of my fingers downwards and from my little fingers across my hands. I get this on fast days sometimes, particularly if I'm fasting and exercising like normal.

You may, of course, not have this at all!!! But just thought I'd let you know that you're not alone :)
Thnaks hummingbird I didn't notice the colour changing particularly. Will look properly I'd it happens again

Excuse my ignorance but what's raynards syndrome?
Ignorance excused :p - I hadn't heard of it until my fingers started abandoning me two years ago!

I'm no medical expert, but the Dr basically said that it's due to your core temperature getting too low, leading to blood in your extremities being directed to your core to warm you up - hence the loss of blood from your fingers. This normally starts, for me, with that tingly can't-quite-feel-with-my-fingertips feeling.

I originally got it at a time when I was a) super stressed, so b) not eating properly, which lead to c) losing a LOT of weight (was 9stone 7 to start with and went down to nearly 8 stone in a matter of months). ... then I changed job, ate cakes and the weight came back!

Raynauds is nothing to worry about though. The Dr took some blood just to rule out some other things but really you get used to it and I don't think (?) it's detrimental to your health.
I'm another raynauds suffer. Ditto hummingbird really.
When I was a teen I used to suffer form terrible chilblains Wonder if that's any link
Thanks for info.
I get the same sensation and my finger tips go white, it was bad during the cold weather, My feet were freezing too even with boots and hiking socks on. I have only noticed my fingers a couple of times lately though. I do get shivery inside me still on fast days.
My thumb is not working properly, I wasnt sure if it was cold/fast related, or overuse from scrolling on my smart phone - feels a bit RSI
Just googled chilblains and apparently they are common in raynaulds sufferers. Will keep and eye on situation. I also have early arthritis in my hands, another raynaulds link. Hmmmm
If it gets worse I will go to doc.
I get that when I'm at work Minumonline, Watching this forum on my phone instead of working. Hope my boss isn't a member, mind you he ought to be. :lol:
Madeyemoodysmum wrote: Just googled chilblains and apparently they are common in raynaulds sufferers. Will keep and eye on situation. I also have early arthritis in my hands, another raynaulds link. Hmmmm
If it gets worse I will go to doc.

That's what the blood tests were for when I went to the Dr about it! I'd definitely keep an eye on it :) x
I get it too but haven't noticed the colour of my hands...
I get a tingly/numb feeling in my FACE on fast days. Weird, huh? It goes away on the non-fast days. I am telling myself it's the fat leaving my cheeks :)
13 posts Page 1 of 1