The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
damn migraine and an aura one
09 May 2013, 07:12
I do not like these type of migraine. I thought my trigger was extreme cardio, which seemed to be the case . In the past when I tried to lose weight. I would get an aura migraine, and would eat some carbs, I dont know if it helped. I think a drastic reduction in carbs for me triggers aura migraine.

I will hang in there, because my aura migraine I've been having on and off , started in my mid twenties and I got checked not too long ago, by the gp. Its mainly the visual symptoms I dont like, the pain part is never really bad.

I suspect nearing 50 is a culprit of more frequent aura migraine for me.

I like this way of eating too much to give up.
Hi Zamale
I know exactly how you feel. I too suffer from aura migraine and have done since my early teens. I'm now nearly 40 and still cannot pinpoint what exactly causes them. My other half is insistant that fasting does not help but I can't see the pattern and think it is more hormonal than anything else! Anyway, I too like this way of eating far too much to give up!
If you ever find any techniques for getting rid of the aura please let me know!
Sorry unfortunately I only know of meds that prevent the pain part of migraine, not the aura part, which I hate the most, now I'm older I notice the groggy disassociated confusing feeling. Like I am on mind altering meds, but I'm not.
Hi Aura migraine have returned to me in past couple of years, first had them at 14 which I thought was hormonal. More recent seem stress related post the event bizarrely. A recent one happened when I had driven a distance and had to return home same day which was freaky. What worked was 2pain relief pills lying down and fluids. After an hour my vision righted and I could do 2 hr return journey,
I have these, didn't know they were called aura migraines, never get the bad headache migraines though and always associate mine with lack of sleep or too much computer screen time, never considered hormones. Anyway just wanted to send my sympathy as they are very strange and rather unpleasant, hope you feel better soon!
Mine can be triggered by using a computer but only at certain times in the month and that is 6 years after my periods stopped. So who knows basically, they are a mystery to me and a nuisance. I can sometimes get 3 auras in 1 day followed by worsening headaches for a week, which disappear as quickly as they appear with no apparent reason. Very annoying!
firstly I want to say sorry guys because I can see that this is an 2013 post, but I've done the searching and this post has been the closest to my migraine situation and that's why I wanted to make this post and to ask: someone got an solution? I'm tired of useless Imitrex.... what are you doing to make them disappear?
ADFnFuel wrote: Anecdotal but timely...

https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/ ... file-gina/

Worth reading as a success story. Also about migraines.

An updated link:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/gina-really- ... c-syndrome
@achough - I'm sorry about your migraine and please don't worry about necro'ing an ancient thread because it's pertinent to you today!!! That's completely reasonable :-)

I hope ADFnFuel's post helps
10 posts Page 1 of 1