The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Secret Eaters
09 May 2013, 19:23
Is anyone watching Secret Eaters tonight (on at the moment)?

The presenter just trotted out the tired old "skipping meals is really bad for you and causes your body to go into survival mode..." (exact words) ..."where it clings to fat stores".

Apparently that's why the obese woman on this week's show is so fat :dazed: Yawn.
Re: Secret Eaters
09 May 2013, 19:26
Yes I just watched that bit !
09 May 2013, 19:28
I'm watching it too, I guess she's just regurgitating what's been said so often. It's quite funny though, I do do what she does (small snacking and trying to reduce portion size afterwards) Ofcourse my not eating is well planned and balanced! :grin: Now I need to try and cut down my normal calorie intake to get somewhere near the TDEE on the tracker eeek! Harder than it should be!
09 May 2013, 19:29
I have been watching it, and thought that when the presenter said about skipping meals is bad, yeh its is if your nibbling on 700 cals in between!!
09 May 2013, 19:29
Jubby1968 wrote: Yes I just watched that bit !

My face was like :shock: :bugeyes: :pissedoff: :frown:
09 May 2013, 19:36
A few weeks back someone posted a BBC video where Dr. Michael Mosely said basically the same thing. The number one tip (of ten, I think) for weight loss was, "don't skip meals!" :-P
09 May 2013, 19:45
BruceE wrote: A few weeks back someone posted a BBC video where Dr. Michael Mosely said basically the same thing. The number one tip (of ten, I think) for weight loss was, "don't skip meals!" :-P

Yeah I've seen that clip. It wasn't MM, it was the voiceover woman. Still, pretty bad.
09 May 2013, 20:07
If your meals are of the proper size then don't skip them. If you're planning to eat a whole wild boar (Obeliiiiiiiix) then please do, LOL!
Seriously though, there is no way to go in starvation mode by skipping one meal. If that was the case 95% of the people I know would be starving...
8 posts Page 1 of 1