The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
How much can I loose
09 May 2013, 20:30
Hi all, I'm 5ft and 175 lbs. how much weight do u think I could loose in 7 weeks doing 4 to 3 ?? Xx
Re: How much can I loose
09 May 2013, 20:32
I've lost 10 lbs in 7 weeks but most people tend to lose a bit faster :)
09 May 2013, 20:33
Average weight loss is 1 lb a week, some lose more, some less. So I would guess, 7 - 10 lbs. This is not a fast weight loss method, this is a slow, sustainable long-term Way of Eating or Way of Life. It is very effective, just not fast.
09 May 2013, 20:34
If you go into the progress tracker section you can put your stats in and it tells you what similar people have lost :)
09 May 2013, 20:46
There are far too many factors that will affect your weight loss rate to really answer that question; whether/how much you exercise, how strict you are on both fast days and feed days, what your metabolism is like and so on...

As of today I've lost 13lbs in 3.5 weeks, but I run and cycle a combined minimum of 50 miles a week, I tend to have just 1 meal of 250-300 cals on fast days and am careful not to undermine my fast days by over-eating on feed days (I'm also breast feeding my 1 year old so that's a few extra burned calories!).

Maybe just try it and see, average is 1lb a week on 5:2 so if you're doing 4:3 then I would guess at least 7lbs, but the only way to know is to just do it and let us know in 7 weeks :wink:
09 May 2013, 22:01
You won't know until you try! :)
6 posts Page 1 of 1