The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I pigged out!
13 May 2013, 23:25
Anyone else end up pigging out on fast days?

I managed to do my 24 hour fast, but after my 600kal dinner I was starving so I decided to open the fridge, woops! A couple of bacon rolls and packets of crisps later I feel slightly guilty, though not overally!

I think I went wrong with having nothing but a prawn salad for my meal, it just wasn't filling or satisfying enough! :grin:
Re: I pigged out!
14 May 2013, 00:03
Oh well, I guess you will plan a different fast-break meal next time, eh? Lol Not the end of the world or the WoE. I'm really hungry and those bacon rolls are sounding mighty tasty right now! :)
Re: I pigged out!
14 May 2013, 00:24
Live & learn dan :)

What you described is exactly what I most feared when starting this diet. One massive issue I have had with diets is only being allowed small amounts if food, specially at evening time. Evenings are the worst as I am free and have time to rummage through the fridge and pantry for snacks.

As such, I made a conscious decision to totally abstain from eating during the work day, saving my limited calories for a bigger evening meal. With a busy work day, skipping breakfast and lunch is relatively easy for me. By dinner, it does not take much to fill me after a day of abstinence and rarely gk searching for snacks afterwards.

But that is me :) I suspect part of thus diet is learning what fits your routine best given the rough guidelines we are given

Best of luck on your next fast :)
3 posts Page 1 of 1