The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
New and trying hard!!!
14 May 2013, 08:35
I have just found this website thanks to Paul whose blog nobreadisanisland.co.uk is definitely worth a look! I started the 5:2 diet just over three weeks ago and so far have lost 6 lbs although each week the number is decreasing!
Last year I went on a special holiday with 10 others of my extended family and decided I needed to loose some weight - I would have been the fat one in all the photos!!! My sister told me about the Dukan diet and I applied myself wholly to this and successfully lost nearly a stone and a half! Since then the weight has started to creep back on and the Dukan just doesn't do it for me anymore so when I read about the 5:2 I thought it was worth a go!
I'm no good at missing out on breakfast - think its a psychological thing?? And I have found that the Dukan galette which I have calculated is 171.5 cals (please let me know if this is wrong!!) is a really good way to start my fast days! Then I have cucumber sticks and red pepper sticks with a homemade smoked mackerel pâté (from a 5:2 recipe book) and in the evening a homemade herby chicken burger with tomato and chillies salsa (also 5:2 recipe).
I have to be really organised for the fast days as I have the willpower of an ant - if they have any at all? (Sorry ants!) so I plan and shop accordingly and I do eat separately from my husband on those days as its just too tempting - see above re willpower!
All in all I am very pleased BUT I am a little worried that as things are slowing down and I only have around 7lbs to loose will I be able to keep it up? If anyone has any tips I would be really grateful!!!
ALSO ...... I really dislike exercise ! Really do! I am trying to walk the dog more but haven't been consistent with this so...... Hey ho!
AND ...... The myfitnesspal app is great to help monitor your meals and calories. It doesn't have the facility for fasting days but I ignore the calorie counter on those days and the more info you put into it the easier it is to use! Even scans the barcodes for you.
Good luck to you all! :clover:
Re: New and trying hard!!!
14 May 2013, 09:32
Good luck to you too!! It was my first fast yesterday and found it a lot easier than I thought...plus the support on here is great. Keep going..!!!
Re: New and trying hard!!!
14 May 2013, 10:42
Hello Jules and Gillybean and welcome. Well done on your weight loss and hopefully you'll find tihs woe easier and more sustainable for keeping it off. Your loss may well slow down as you get closer to your target. If you remember to look at your TDEE and reduce your intake accordingly that should help. *whispers* exercise or going for walks/moving about does seem to help. It's a good habit. The dog will benefit too if you do a bit more walking. Or you may think about a bit of HIIT? It doesn't take long.
Good luck whatever you decide and let us know how you get on.
3 posts Page 1 of 1