The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

25 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Why so cold? Brrrrrrrrr
14 May 2013, 20:25
I do tend to find I am colder on fast days (today being one of those days!). I only have 1 meal on a fast day (evening), so all day I feel cold, then as soon as I've eaten I feel really hot for an hour or so after.. I'm assuming, by reading the above quotes and facts, that it's just my body digesting the food causing my temperature to go up?
14 May 2013, 20:57
haha Wineo'clock - you DO live in the Blue Mountains - isn't that like England in winter LOL
14 May 2013, 21:46
Hmm I think it might be related, I was blinking freezing on my fasting day, had the heating on and everything. Not so cold today, despite it being colder.

Either way, I wish it would warm up a bit.
14 May 2013, 22:08
Might it be worth having your thyroid checked? People who have hypothyroidism are always colder than others.
14 May 2013, 22:28
I really felt the cold to begin with( I have Raynaulds) but it has got much better recently Also, to start with, I felt very tired in the evening on fast days & had to go to bed very early. Now even managed to go out yesterday evening.
14 May 2013, 23:18
But GMH I'm smart enough to live on the lower Mountains our weather is much the same as Sydney, sometimes warmer!!
14 May 2013, 23:30
At least I now know how to survive the hot Aussie summer days. If I fast on a 40 degree day I might not feel as hot :)
15 May 2013, 00:31
Hi Pip. Just wanted to let you know that my sarcastic comment about English weather has come back to bite me on the bum. Very cold and windy here today.
15 May 2013, 03:05
Tell me about it - freezing in Bathurst today! I'm sitting in an 80-year-old theatre with a broken heating system during my first 36-hour fast. Practically shivering!!
15 May 2013, 03:15
While can't help with the whys of being colder on fast days can recommend Emma3003's recipe which I just made. Yum have just polished off my first bowl of it and it is tasty and warming and at around 80 cal per bowl will be what I choose As we head into winter down under. I thought I was cold because of my initial weight loss as I tend to have my own heating system ESP in summer
25 posts Page 2 of 2