The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

15 posts Page 1 of 1
fast day failure...
14 May 2013, 17:49
Fast day today - had porridge for breakfast at 6am (~150cals) and nothing until dinner just now. Was eating out - ordered the sweet chilli egg noodles in Wetherspoons - and it arrived with chicken! Tried not to eat it - but it looked so good...had one little bit and then ate the lot! so 190 cals over! :doh:

Do I take today as a normal day then and fast an extra day or just leave it?! I'm going to be hard pushed to do another fast this week cos of commitments...

Also getting a bit disheartened as I don't think I've lost any weight recently...will check in the am! :-(

seriously debating going back to Dukan diet!
Re: fast day failure...
14 May 2013, 17:52
Personally I'd just leave it and try and cut back a bit on other days
14 May 2013, 17:55
Personally I would still call it a fast day. 190 calories over is still nowhere near what at normal day of eating would be for me. Life happens. Can you eat what you want of the Dukan and can you do it for the rest of your life? I'm not dissing any other diet but for me this has been the easiest way I've lost weigh. It takes time and there are blips - take a look at my progress chart. However, I can see myself doing this for ever.
14 May 2013, 18:10
You are not a failure ,you have just started with this WOE and it does get easier ,in my early days I went over on fast days a couple of times and I still lost ,so dont worry about it
14 May 2013, 18:24
Still a fast day and NOT a failure. If you feel you must do something to make up for the 190 cals, skip breakfast one day and call it even. :)
14 May 2013, 18:53
I use half fasts or skipping a breakfast if I feel I need to undo any blips! I wouldn't call going over one fast day a failure and I would still call it a fast day. Onwards and downwards for the next fast!
14 May 2013, 19:02
learning experience not a failure and still a fast day.
14 May 2013, 19:05
thanks for the encouragement guys!
I'll resist the urge to have a beer and slice of lemon drizzle cake when I get in then!!! :lol:
14 May 2013, 19:14
yep, save them for tomorrow!
14 May 2013, 19:29
Definitely no failure there - still very low calorie intake for the day - so just go with it - and remember the chicken with affection !!
14 May 2013, 20:20
Don't be hard on yourself, you're not a failure. I'd just cut back a bit tomorrow and call it good.
14 May 2013, 20:30
I agree, it's definitely not a failure at all. I'm still fairly new to this WOE and have actually gone over my 500 by 35 calories today, (first time since I started the 5:2!) however it was fruit, and did go for a brisk walk earlier on so am giving myself this one and not worrying too much. To be honest, my appetite even on "feed/feast" days has decreased, so I never really eat to excess so it allows for the occasional blip on fast days :)
Keep at it and don't feel disheartened at all, you're doing great :)
14 May 2013, 20:32
Ok so you had a bit extra as per above still less than normal, don't worry about it as it was still a good day, this will happen from time to time
14 May 2013, 22:34
I done this too on my very first fast and felt awful as it felt like a failure but I'm much more prepared for the next one so your not alone! Just have to keep trying :)
14 May 2013, 22:38
I know the feeling, I was doing so well today until I had to bake for tomorrow's monthly team meeting at work. Since I can't cut into the cake I was really proud of myself for my restraint... until I realised that I had absent mindly eaten cake mix off the side of the bowl. Rather annoyed at myself for not being more aware of my actions!

** http://bigcooktinykitchen.blogspot.co.uk **
15 posts Page 1 of 1