The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Omg...first weigh in....
15 May 2013, 05:30
Hi all,

I bought the book for 5:2 after my beautician told me about it, after she'd lost some weight and i told her i was struggling to control what i ate, so i bought it, read it, read stories on reviews of the book. I woke up a week last monday and thought i'm starting today.

My first day i found easier than i thought, but the following day i had a constant headache, i'd drunk lots of water, my next fast day was the wednesday, and no side effects at all, i ate sensibly but didn't count calories in between, its not how i want this to work for me. I should also say i split my 500 to 3 meals, porridge and water, i don't function without breakfast, then 50 to 60. Cals for lunch, rest for dinner. I also fast for 36 hours, ie nothing from dinner the night before, then 500 until breakfast the following day.

This week i've been much more organised with it, i found my husband and i were eating seperate meals, and i didn't want that, so this week have found some recipes, we could both eat, but husband with additional potatoes. This week has been much better.

Monday was another fast day, and today the start of another fast day. This morning i thought i should get weighed...i quickly noticed i felt thinner but no real idea if i'd lost weight.

Well the scales..i'm struggling to believe i've lost 6.75lb.....i will say i've got 5 stone to lose be even so....i'm thrilled!!!! :grin:
Re: Omg...first weigh in....
15 May 2013, 06:12
Well done! Re headaches, I used to get them but no more.
15 May 2013, 06:22
:like: Good on you curlycaro- that's impressive. Hopefully the headaches will stop as you get more into the fasting. Just be mindful of your caffeine intake - don't change it! and over hydrating.
06 Jun 2013, 15:47
wow, good for you!
I head the headaches as well, now that i drink lots of water they are gone. Only thing bothering me is that i cant sleep well after a fast day, like i'm hyper.
13 Jun 2013, 08:00
Yay great job. Hopefully the headaches will pass.

Xx
13 Jun 2013, 08:13
Well done! I've been on this for 9 weeks and can honestly say the longer you do it the easier it becomes and any initial side effects disappear. Good luck on ur journey :clover:
13 Jun 2013, 08:19
Well done. I'm quite similar - weighed after 9 days at the end of a fast day and had lost 7lb. Unfortunately after a feast day not quite the same loss. Not sure when best to weigh. I'm sure it will come off but maybe up and down for a bit until it settles. Headaches gone for me by week two - think its sugar withdrawal!
14 Jun 2013, 08:14
Wow well done you're off to a brilliant start!! That keeps you motivated I think, + headaches seen to come and go with a lot of people, I've never had any side effects but yesterday was a little like that so got bottle of water to sip while watching TV and it went away, I've got loads to lose so will be on the journey along with you :clover: Sue
14 Jun 2013, 08:23
Welcome to the forum & 5:2ing & well done on your weight loss. I have lots of weight to lose so will also be around for a long time! :smile:
9 posts Page 1 of 1