The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Any tips? Really don't want to pass out at work!

Thanks

X o x
Is this your first fast? What have you eaten so far today? Is your caffeine consumption the same as or less than normal?

It is hard to know what to do without knowing where you are in your fasting. There is no point in fainting however! Perhaps grab a 100 cal handful of nuts to give you some energy (though bear in mind that 100 cal of nuts is probably a lot fewer nuts than you think!).
Yes, you don't give us much information regarding your situation.
Still, when I feel like that, I eat something salty and wait for 15 minutes. If I don't feel any better, then I eat something sweet. Most of the time though, I'm OK with the salty part.
Don't forget to drink water!
a mug of veg boullion does the trick sometimes, 17cals and bit like having a soup! i have the lower salt one, but there is some salt in it to give you a "boost" during a fast if you need it

Alternatively - options hot chocs are good, only 39/40 cals and will give you a sweet kick

:)
I don't feel tired during fast days in particular - BUT I have noticed that I am a lot more tired recently than I have EVER been! Not sure if that is down to the WOE or just my time of life! Hitting 40 meaning its all downhill and all that! lol
Since you are just beginning the diet I would consider a high protein breakfast - lean meat, an egg, and maybe a high fiber/lower calorie cracker of somekind (I can usually come up with something under 150 calories). Take time to adjust to the diet before trying the 16 hours till lunch approach.
I also find a short walk, at least getting outside and some fresh air helps when I am feeling a bit "light headed and spacey"
Good luck, don't worry so much about your diet count on the other 5 days either - that is the one advantage of the 5:2 diet where you are not counting calories all the time.
Good Luck,
I have a bottle of diet coke, I figure its one calorie and after half of it I feel fine, I usually finish it of with my meal that night or the next day when fasting. Although it might be 1 cal but probably not the best thing being full of other stuff! (a small bottle, not a ltr!)
Thanks for your comments everyone!

It was my second fast, I had skipped breakfast and ate a small bag of fridge raiders (chicken pieces) and a box of strawberries which totalled about 120 calories.

I find if I eat breakfast then I'm hungry all day so I avoid eating until lunch! I think on my next fast day I'll bring a cup a soup to have at my afternoon break to tide me over until dinner.

X o x
8 posts Page 1 of 1