The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Day 1 - Quick Question
15 May 2013, 16:22
Hi

This is my first day.

I finished my dinner about 18:45 on Tuesday. I plan to have my next normal dinner at 19:00 on Wednesday. In that 24 hour period I have eaten 301 calories.

Is this the correct way to do it?

Or should I have another 300 calories at 19:00 on Wednesday and start eating "normally" on Thursday?

It's just that 7pm Tuesday - 7am Thursday is 36 hours not 24.

Thanks

SB
Re: Day 1 - Quick Question
15 May 2013, 16:46
Hello Soulbrother,
Your second option is correct. Have a small 300cal supper tonight and start eating normally tomorrow. yes, you're right- that is 36 hours and the idea is to go from dinner like you did last night until tomorrow consuming just 600cals. Don't worry if you don't feel up to it ( I get the impression that you thought you would be eating a big dinner tonight!) and just look upon it as a practice run and do it the way I I've outlined next fast day. Welcome to the forum btw. Keep posting and good luck! :smile:
15 May 2013, 17:11
Yes, it's a day on 600 cals only - so really you miss three meals and get an effective 36 hours 600 cal fast. The other way is easier, but I am not sure about the results because you are eating more calories in one day - 600 + meal the nerds have calculated it all somewhere...

Welcome and enjoy the fasting
15 May 2013, 17:17
dhana wrote: Hello Soulbrother,
Your second option is correct. Have a small 300cal supper tonight and start eating normally tomorrow. yes, you're right- that is 36 hours and the idea is to go from dinner like you did last night until tomorrow consuming just 600cals. Don't worry if you don't feel up to it ( I get the impression that you thought you would be eating a big dinner tonight!) and just look upon it as a practice run and do it the way I I've outlined next fast day. Welcome to the forum btw. Keep posting and good luck! :smile:

Thanks for the reply. I did think I'd be having a big dinner tonight! But I that's why I wasn't sure - it seemed too easy! I'll have my 300 cals tonight and that'll be the first day done. :cool:

Must say, it's been pretty easy so far. :like:
15 May 2013, 17:42
Men! I don't know - suggest one thing to them and they do the other! :lol: Well done for doing the right thing - so, you thought it was TOO easy did you? Hmmmm...........! :smile:
15 May 2013, 17:48
dhana wrote: Men! I don't know - suggest one thing to them and they do the other! :lol: Well done for doing the right thing - so, you thought it was TOO easy did you? Hmmmm...........! :smile:

When I thought I was having normal dinner - that's when I thought it was too easy. Knew it was too good to be true! :doh:

Just noticed you're in Stirling. I'm about half an hour down the M9 in West Lothian. :smile:
15 May 2013, 17:55
We're a clever bunch we Scots. Know a good thing when we see it!
15 May 2013, 18:14
Hail Hail, what teams do you support up in Scotland?
15 May 2013, 18:24
Stirling Albion, and as I was born and brought up in Govan, a stone's throw from Ibrox, Rangers and of course Scotland.! (I actually prefer rugby!) :smile: and hockey and curling!
15 May 2013, 18:37
I don't give a shit about sport............. :shock:

:wink:
15 May 2013, 19:42
Rangers? Boooooooooooooooo!!!

I'm Pollok FC and Celtic.
18 May 2013, 07:34
Survived first week! 431 cals on Wednesday and 260 on Friday. Yee Haa!
13 posts Page 1 of 1