The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all
Did my first 2 fast days this week after a month of going off the wagon and eating like crazy, travelling a lot etc. I did Tuesday and Wednesday this week and although I had moments of severe hunger, they did pass. However, this morning something strange happened, I woke up not hungry but SUPER tired and low on energy. Constant yawning, watery eyes had to drag myself from bed and almost cried at the thought of my commute. I yawned the whole way into work and was late. I dont remember this happening the last time I fasted and I had plenty of sleep ( 10 hours!!) as I always get an early night on a fast day.
Do you think this is maybe an effect of 2 days in a row? Unfortunately, due to my schedule those are the best 2 days in my week and I would like to stick to them.
Has anyone else had this after their fast days? like I said not really hungry just EXHAUSTED beyond belief.

Take care everyone....I need a coffee!
Roo
Hope you feel better after a coffee!!
I haven't experienced this but also haven't tried 2 days in a row yet.
It might be due to coming back to fasting after a few weeks of excess - getting rid of accumulated toxins or something? Or maybe you are run down.

Had you done 2 days in a row before? I think even if it is related to the 2 consecutive days your body will probably adjust so you won't always feel like this!
When I have been exhausted it has been because my carbs have been too low. Are you getting enough carbs on you feast days to last you
Hi
This WOE also gives a detox effect I've found, so this could be a result of that, stick with it - i'm sure it will pass very soon
:)
Hi both
At ema_o and lulbella: I have done 2 days before and didn't have this problem. However my weeks of excess really were excess, I was travelling a lot and eating out a lot....and eating super badly, for this I think I do have alot of toxins and rubbish that I need to cleanse by having some really healthy weeks. I'm also having difficulty going to the loo :confused:

At gillymary: You have a point, my carbs were pretty low on my feast days and I did a mammouth gym session too. I think I will increase the good carbs on my feast days. The reason they are low is im trying to be sensible on feast days too, but I can't feel like this....its making me so unproductive...I am useless today!

Thanks for your responses both
Hi RooRoo,

I haven't done 2 days in a row but I did find after a fast day I was excessively tired more than usual. I am now in my 6th week of fasting and found this has improved massively, so maybe its a process some of our bodies go through. Keep at it and I hope it improves for you too.
Hello RooRoo
that's crap and I hope you feel better soon. My first fasts were bad- so lethargic and exhausted that you couldn't tell where the sofa ended and I began! And the next days were tough too. However, it did settle down. It sounds as though your body has almost gone back to it's pre-fasting state and doing all the initial detox, energy swing, hormones moving etc. The two days in a row sound tough! Others do it that way so it is possible and doable - think I would find it really hard.
How's your fluid levels while you're fasting? Dehydration makes you feel exhausted- lots of fluid + electrolytes may help.
Don't know what else to suggest...
Hope you feel better quickly and get back into the groove
:clover:
7 posts Page 1 of 1