The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
More hungry on feed days..
17 May 2013, 15:15
I started this week this WoE and I noticed that on the fast day I'm fine, not that hungry and all.. but in the feed day I feel more hungry than usual.. is it normal? Is my body trying to tell me to eat so it's not underfed on the fast days? Has anyone had the same problem?
I try to eat healthy stuff, like fruit, greek yogurt with honey and nuts. Only today I did a little bit of a sin in eating strawberries with whipped cream (not a lot of them...)

Any advice?

Thank you!!
Re: More hungry on feed days..
17 May 2013, 15:22
hi
i don't know much about this WOE as i have only started this week too, i started on tuesday first fast day and did my second fast day yesterday and was ravenous was really tough going but apparently it does get easier.
i wouldn't worry too much as on wednesdasy i was really hungry too after my first fast day but today after my second fast day i am not too bad. i think your body just needs to adjust into this WOE.
Good luck!
17 May 2013, 15:33
IvaFromItaly wrote: I started this week this WoE and I noticed that on the fast day I'm fine, not that hungry and all.. but in the feed day I feel more hungry than usual.. is it normal? Is my body trying to tell me to eat so it's not underfed on the fast days? Has anyone had the same problem?
I try to eat healthy stuff, like fruit, greek yogurt with honey and nuts. Only today I did a little bit of a sin in eating strawberries with whipped cream (not a lot of them...)

Any advice?

Thank you!!

Hi,

I've had days like that - I just eat when hungry and not worry about it, definitely forget the idea of 'sin' foods - that's the point of this WOL/WOE (I don't like calling it a diet as that implies calorie counting and 'sins' !).

For me the 'ravenous' days don't follow a pattern - I've fasted on a day where I do circuit training that evening and been fine the next day, I've fasted on a fairly easy day and been really hungry the next.

Just my opinions, as always !
17 May 2013, 15:50
Strawberries are a good filler- not many calories at all. Cream on a non fast day fine in a sensible amount.I really don't think there is a problem with what you are eating.
17 May 2013, 17:23
I've been having the same problem: I really do well on fast days, but something triggers late in the afternoon of normal eating days and I start raiding the cupboards for snack-type food and having (several) half-glasses of wine. Then I eat my "virtuous" dinner :curse: I'm thinking of trying to always be out of the house between 5 and 8 p.m.!
17 May 2013, 18:12
Hi,
I'm glad you posted this. I find I get crazy hungry on feed days, can't wait for my next meal, yet on my last fast day, it was 4 o'clock before I even thought about food.
I'm glad it's this way round, I get grouchy when I'm denied food but it have really started looking forward to fast days and quite enjoy them :bugeyes:
17 May 2013, 21:59
Same here! It's odd, like suddenly you're given the freedom to eat and sometimes you overdo it especially if you've had reasonably consistent weight loss and are feeling relaxed - phew, I did it! I got back from travelling to and from a lengthy meeting today and had two slices of wholemeal toast with Brie and marmalade. Stuffed. Stupid. Unnecessary, but did it cos I wanted to and it's a normal day and I lost another 1.5 Ibs this week. Not good. Must try harder not to give in so easily. :cry:
17 May 2013, 22:07
If you are new to fasting I think it will probably stop happening as often (feeling absolutely insatiable on feed days I mean). Look at my chart I ate a lot and started to put back on but then it got easier not to eat so much. However, I still find i have odd days when I just can't eat enough. I just go with it to a certain extent because although it might hinder the weightloss (not necessarily though) it makes it sustainable long term I think.
17 May 2013, 22:12
Why are you upset wih yourself Peta? That sounds like a lovely meal to me.
:clover:
17 May 2013, 23:44
I think it is an adjustment thing it will get easier, having said that I still have an odd very hungry feed day I think it was between my 5th and 6th fast days I had a huge carb day and ate junk food I haven't normally eating in 12months crazy day but I've lost 6kg to date in approx. 4 week period so its working for me giving up feeling guilt around food is amazing but does take practise.
18 May 2013, 00:19
Ditto for me, the fast day is like a safe and structured day then my feast/feed days seemed then I was at sea, also have done the cupboard raid eg nuts dried fruit only available cause my pantry cupboard & fridge now stacked for 5:2.
Now planning some direction for feed days but will be healthy enjoyable with wicked factored in
But when I complete MFP I do find my cals aren't as outrageous as I'd thought
11 posts Page 1 of 1