The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
what should body fat % be?
17 May 2013, 15:32
I know the aim is for all the numbers to be reducing, and they are.

just out of interest what is the percentage target i should actually be aiming for?

interested to see what people think
Re: what should body fat % be?
17 May 2013, 16:25
Not sure how old you are, but 18-20% is about the bottom end (no pun intended) for a woman.
17 May 2013, 16:29
It is said that 10-15% of fat is essential for women.
17 May 2013, 16:30
thanks

I am 27, my scales recon i'm in the mid 30's at the mo, and have knocked 4% off in 6 weeks.

Ill start aiming low 20's then!
17 May 2013, 17:04
MM says that over 30% for a woman is considered overweight, but doesn't say what a healthy amount would be. I seem to remember being told to aim for mid twenties at the gym the last time i did a fitness test...
17 May 2013, 17:09
www.acefitness.org/blog/112/what-are-th ... -body-fat/ suggests somewhere in the 20s. I think reproductive systems shut off below 18%.
17 May 2013, 23:38
My scales that come with a body fat analysis say that healthy fat for females varies with age. If you are 18-30 years old your body fat should be between 20 and 30% as your age increases body fat % may increase slightly.
7 posts Page 1 of 1