The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
warning!
18 May 2013, 16:19
Dont ever arrange for your supermarket shopping to be delivered on a fast day! Pure torture!lol gemma x
Re: warning!
18 May 2013, 16:53
Oh I've done worse! I actually WENT to the supermarket and CARRIED all the bags. You are right, veeeeeeeeeeery bad idea!
18 May 2013, 17:01
:silly: Daft idea !!! You won't be doing that again in a hurry - but I bet it tested your will power :wink:
18 May 2013, 17:03
Haha, I know what you mean! I did a fast the day before we went on holiday, and we went to Asda to pick up supplies for the trip & time away. I've never bought so much junk in my life! Half of it didn't get eaten. Crisps, chocs, biccies, cakes - you name it! Normally on a fast day I'm alright with shopping because I'm just buying in what I need for a dinner or for hubby's lunch - but going out to the shops knowing we were going to pick up some 'holiday treats' (as well as essentials) made it all too easy to fancy a bit of this, that and (several of) the other.
19 May 2013, 00:44
Maybe I'm strange but I always supermarket shop on my fast day. No problems at all.
19 May 2013, 03:35
Wineoclock I'm the same I'd rather wander around the supermarket where there's little chance of me ripping open a packet of something and eating it on a fast day .The same cant be said if presented with the same thing when I'm at home I also like to picture what I will have the day after a fast day rarely do I have it but I find it a nice way to distract myself.
19 May 2013, 03:44
I almost always grocery shop on a fast day too, and find I buy way less impulse buys and crap, probably because I'm just switched off from food. But I get my fruit/veg delivered on non fast days, because that I normally want to rip into straight away. Just looks so fresh and EAT MEish.
19 May 2013, 10:43
I can shop and cook for other people on a fast day without any temptation .... I just think about the next day and that I can eat it then ... though don't normally then want it anyway!
19 May 2013, 10:55
On my first fast day I went to the supermarket to get supplies, for the actual fast dat plus some healthy options for non fast days... I have loads of fruit in at the moment, a real treat for me as i have previously followed low carb diets where fruit isn't allowed.... still can't believe I thought it was actually good for me!!!
19 May 2013, 20:14
Hi
I shopped on a fast day and found I made much healthier choices than my usual shop. It did take me ages as I read the nutritional info on every item! I thought if I'm putting my body through this torture on a fast day, I'm not going to undo it all on non fast days!
10 posts Page 1 of 1