The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
My appetite had already changed from 5:2, I'm sure most of you have experienced this now. I've gone off sugar and can happily wait to eat and overall my portions have seemed (slowly) to get smaller.

So since starting the 30 Day Shred I've found my appetite has changed in strange ways, once again. I've limited my calories to (roughly) 1400 a day so it's under my TDEE but I'll be more lenient if I've done a lot of exercise. Not restricting myself from anything, still having biscuits, chocolate and nuts etc. Not interested in big portions at all at the moment, they just keep shrinking!

But weirdly enough I feel more hungry? Not uncontrollably, thanks to 5:2, and I'm drinking loads of water. My mind and body feel a lot more energised but I feel hungry more quickly. In turn, I feel satisfied more quickly when I do eat.

So my questions are, do you think I should I eat when I get hungry and carry on as I am (I've settled into a routine of 3 square meals a day with one or two snacks)? Is this 5:2 or 30DS? And what are everybody else's experiences of their changing appetites? :)
Hi Beth. Increasing your exercise can lead to an increase in appetite. I find that it does settle after a while, I guess as your body adjusts.
5;2 has not changed my appetite at all, I can still eat as much as ever and have not gone off sweet/junk food and sadly still not keen on healthy food. I've always found exercise to make me hungry and it still does.

Sounds like you are doing well so I would carry on as you are.
It's just funny because I didn't think 20mins a day would have that much of an effect!

I can't believe it hasn't changed your appetite at all, Nikkit84! Mine changed almost overnight, haha, but I suppose everyone is different :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1