The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi I'm AJ!

I thought I would start a thread for those newbie 5:2'ers that started, like me, week beginning 6th May 2013.

It is now my third week (5th fast day) and I thought it would be great to talk to others at the same point of the journey. There have been ups, downs and lots of hunger pangs in between, but the weight is starting to come off.

Any tips you have found useful on your fast days, will be gratefully received. Mine is celery! Takes ages to eat and has hardly any calories. Can't even manage more than one stick at lunchtime now :grin:

:pig:
Hello - I started three weeks ago and have been fine with the fast days and was really good for the first couple of weeks with the eating days but unfortunately this week I have definitely had too many calories on my eating days. However I will keep on with it as I do like the flexibility. Tips for fast days: I am much better if I do not eat until around 12 ish and then an evening meal at around 6pm - I also use vegetable bouillon which is only 15 cals for a big mug and seems to hit the spot! Good luck I am sure this is a really great way of eating. xx
Hi!

Thanks for starting this thread. My first fast was May 3rd, so I'm one fast ahead of you. :)

So far I'm thrilled with this new WOL! Since buying a scale I'm down 5.4 pounds; just wish I'd bought one before starting.

I don't have preset fasting days since I travel for work. I usually fast on the day I leave town and one day that I'm home. Fast meals are usually tuna fish and crackers or oatmeal with milk raisins walnuts and stevia.

Like so many others I don't overeat on feed days and even sometimes have to be sure I'm eating up to the TDEE.

This has been so freeing of an experience so far. I look forward to this journey with you guys and will check back into this thread every once in a while.
3 posts Page 1 of 1