The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Trying an experiment
22 May 2013, 13:35
Having stuck to my 400+ calories on fast days, and stayed within my recommended 1680 on feast days, with no appreciatable weight loss, today I am doing something different...have just been to an all you can eat chinese restaurant, and have done just what it said...for the first time in I don't know how long, I have "filled my boots" feel podged but contented now, am fasting tomorrow so will be interested to see what the scales say...
I felt it was worth a try for 2 reasons
1 I am still, at present calorie counting every day
2 Having read all the helpful posts I wonder if I am eating enough on feast days
If the experiment comes to a no loss result, I'll have had a damned fine meal out, and with 5:2 I know There is always tomorrow
Re: Trying an experiment
22 May 2013, 13:40
Sounds a good experimen lornameg - we'll watch with baited breath to discover the outcome :grin:
22 May 2013, 18:42
Interesting! I love all you can eat!!! Will await the result! Fingers crossed!
22 May 2013, 18:47
If this works, can I present it to my BF as a reason to go out to a Chinese buffet? Please? :D
22 May 2013, 18:48
Sounds good to me! Hope you lose weight :)
22 May 2013, 18:58
I decided to stop calorie counting for a couple of weeks. I won't be scoffing down whatever edible I see but I will enjoy all I can eat pizza on Saturday while watching the footy.
I am hoping that this will work because it is what I did on the first 3 weeks, when I lost 3 of 4 kilos that I lost so far.
22 May 2013, 21:33
I blew it on Saturday night, and it took 2 days(One of them a fast day)to get back on trackto where I was prior. In my mind I realized it was just the mass of food because it would be hard to actually eat lie 7000 additional calories to add 2 lbs. I think for me the retraining is looking at calories from a weekly standpoint and not just daily. If I blow it on a day, I just make up for it on the sebsequent days.
22 May 2013, 22:04
Have you ever read anything about Leptin, otherwise known as the fat loss hormone? Can't remember all the "ins and outs" but basically levels of Leptin fall dramatically when you are being very calorie controlled I.e. dieting and rise again when you significantly increase your intake. I have often found that a bit of a pig out has jump started weight loss which ties in with the whole Leptin tthing - hope the Chinese buffet works for you!
23 May 2013, 01:53
Sounds good! Remember, Chinese food is very salty, so drink a lot of water on your fast!
25 May 2013, 14:15
Weight up by nearly a kilo...bummer!
Looks like its back to 1600 and counting on non-fast days.
My only hope is that as I've been doing more exercise it may all get organised one day soon
All the best to all
25 May 2013, 14:28
Suggest you have a few days off calorie counting and then weigh yourself after your next fast day. Since the beginning of 2013 first of all I was on a restricted diet, then I was on a low carb diet and then I started 5:2 and calorie counted for the first four weeks. So then I decided not to go near MFP and to just do the two fast days each week. I have just spent 4 days on MFP again and found I was below my TDEE every feast day. So I'm happy that I am keeping within my limits.
11 posts Page 1 of 1