The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Low Cal Non Fast Days
23 May 2013, 19:25
So, during my week I will be honest here and now and say that I'm not the most active of people. I do my exercise DVD on my non fast days and will eventually settle into doing it on fast days too, but it's not terribly strenuous, in all fairness I'm so unfit I couldn't manage anything tougher. I'm using the DVD to ease me back into the world of activity and raise my fitness level to a point where I don't get out of breath climbing a small incline....

Anyway! I was wondering, would there be any problems with me skipping lunch every day? I don't think I burn enough calories during the day to warrant 3 meals a day. Obviously my long term plan is to get to a point where I am active enough but at the moment, I feel like I could get by on a small breakfast and a main evening meal with maybe a small snack in the middle of the day...

Thoughts?
Re: Low Cal Non Fast Days
23 May 2013, 20:08
No idea really except to say that I did that one day last week almost by accident - and ended up with a really good loss for the week. But I expect its a case of try it and see. This WOE seems to be very flexible and different people react to it differentlyly. Not an expert by the way, only been doing this for a month.
23 May 2013, 23:10
If you aren't hungry at lunch then don't eat. However, don't justify a huge dinner by saying "well I didn't eat lunch" lol. When I was skinny, I'd eat half my lunch and save the other half for later, then I'd eat it or not later but usually meant I had a much smaller dinner.
23 May 2013, 23:51
As byoung203 says this is all a bit of an exploration as to what will work for you as an individual. TDEE is a guide and am sure you will get more input from the forum
4 posts Page 1 of 1