The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Sabotaged by chocolate!
26 May 2013, 15:15
:confused:
I've been flummoxed by my slow/non-existant weight loss, but have now realised....on feast days I stay within my limits till the evening, then for some reason it all goes to hell in a handcart...I seem to give myself permission to eat chocolate+++
SO, I've given my remaining chocolate to DH to hide, I'm going cold turkey...
Anyone else have a chocolate problem?
Re: Sabotaged by chocolate!
26 May 2013, 15:25
Yes!! Actually a sugar problem in general really. I have the large bars in my fridge and I break off a saintly bit to eat.....then I go back again....and again.
I have been losing every week because when I realise I've eaten the whole bar I just skip a meal to make up for it. The problem with that is I feel week and bloated and I'm not getting any nutrients. I simply cannot be trusted near any sweets and I too am going to stop buying chocolate and sweets.

Best of luck to you lornameg because it ain't gonna be easy
26 May 2013, 15:34
Me! I can't eat a small amount I have to eat it all! Evenings are the worst time for me too. My husband likes chocolate too and he lasts it for days, I've resorted to buying peppermint chocolate which he likes and I don't (although I will eat it if I'm craving). :curse:
I occasionally buy some for me but it's gone in no time, I would love to be able to save some for later but never, never can. :frown:
26 May 2013, 15:50
I have a lack-of-chocolate problem. Greek chocolate (with only one exception) is crap.
All the chocolate I have is from the UK and I have to make it last so I don't eat huge quantities of it. How about if you created a technical situation like mine? Have a bar in your fridge knowing that you can't have more than that in a month...
26 May 2013, 16:14
me too! Today I got a dairy milk bar with the idea of having a square for every hour of studying I do as motivation....epic fail ate the whole bar before I even started...so now I'm on to crisps for motivation as has no choc left....weighing tomorrow eeeek!
26 May 2013, 16:21
How about if you created a technical situation like mine? Have a bar in your fridge knowing that you can't have more than that in a month...

If only TML13, I know myself too well :wink:
26 May 2013, 17:33
On another topic a few days ago I explained how I can only buy chocolate approx every 3 weeks, so I buy my quota and look at it for the first week, then it gets eaten and then I know I have to wait another week until I can buy some more. I eat a bar at a time - no messing!
7 posts Page 1 of 1