The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Desperately needed my fast day today after a long holiday weekend here in the US. Did fine until I got a phone call to meet some friends for lunch that had driven an hour to meet me! Apparently they thought it was all set up because they had done an email but did the reply, not "reply all" so I didn't know. Guess they figured I would be there if I didn't answer rather a confirmation, lol. Both are a little tech challenged.

I couldn't say no after they drove so far (one is 80 years old, friend of my Moms). So I either fast the next two days or I have to do Friday which I try avoid. Those of you who have done 2 days in a row, do you think it works as well (or better? worse?)? I have been doing the liquid only no cal fast since last week if that matters.
Doey, I haven't done any back to back fasts, but you'll never know til you try. Definitely do one and the worst that can happen with the second one is you do a low-cal day. Or you can fast tomorrow, and do half-fasts on Thursday and Friday, skipping breakfast and lunch both days, sensible dinner on Thursday and freedom on Friday night.
I've done it, it's not at all as difficult as it sounds!!!
Hi I've done 2days in row it was fine for me, so again you won't know until you've tried, mine was to repair damage done while away last week
good luck. Sue :clover:
Erm, confession, I did two consecutive days for the first three weeks of my initial go at 5:2 after Mr M's programme was shown last summer... *embarrassed looking thingy* I actually found it quite pleasant, and was slightly disappointed when I discovered that the days were meant to be non-consecutive :(
Thank you all for the info!
FatDog wrote: Erm, confession, I did two consecutive days for the first three weeks of my initial go at 5:2 after Mr M's programme was shown last summer... *embarrassed looking thingy* I actually found it quite pleasant, and was slightly disappointed when I discovered that the days were meant to be non-consecutive :(
I wonder if they recommend non-consecutive because they think it will be easier. I don't know that there is any evidence that non-consecutive days work better.
I've done two consecutive days - they were probably two of the easiest fast days so far. I nearly always wake up the morning after a fast not feeling very hungry . . so it was an easy step to keep going on 500 cals for the next day.

In fact, I am fasting today and intend to keep going tomorrow if all is well. Even if I'm not feeling so great on the second day, I intend to call it a low cal and no alcohol day anyway - - that's another idea borrowed from someone on this site. So, I'm trying to do two 500 cal (or less) days and one that's just 1000 or so with no alcohol - hoping to even out any excess calorie weekend days !!!!
OK I will go for it, doing no food today, tomorrow may be a 500 cal, I will see how I feel. Unfortunately I am very hungry right now but I do know it will pass. Just need to keep busy. :-)
May I ask - what is the reason you avoid Fridays?
I like to have a glass of wine with hubby on Fridays
after a long week but on fast days Dr M says no alcohol. We don't have wine every Friday but I like to keep my options open. ;-)
11 posts Page 1 of 1