The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
On day 3 and wondering who counts calories on a normal day. I have the my fitness pal app on my phone and count calories daily so I stay on track and not over indulge. Am I the only one keeping count and is that a good or bad thing? I don't want to undo all my hard work on fast days by stuffing my face on normal days!
I found it hard not to count calories as I'd done it all my life and like a lot of women on here, the men seem less interested, :confused: it just comes naturally. You do drift off from it once you you are happy with seeing a consistent weight loss but I am always aware of the 'c' word. I don't care if I eat in excess of 2000 calories but, as you can see, I am STILL aware of the blasted things, wish I could stop it! Don't worry about it, it will probably fade in time and if it doesn't, well, it doesn't.

Good luck with 5:2 anyway, hope you love it half as much as I do, :victory:

Ballerina x :heart:
I use fitness pal to calorie count too. My main problem was that I graze too much so being able to keep an eye on what I eat keeps me on the straight and narrow :D That's just me though :D
I don't . I know if I had a cake, it's better not have an ice-cream the same day. Always have vegetables.

I try not eating late in the evening, a kind of 16:8 because I never need breakfast.

I'd liked the programm because it was simple and want it to stay like that.So I can stick on it.
Hi
I'm a bit confused by this too. I read somewhere around 2000 is ok....and on normal days (ususally the day after my fasting days as I do them in a row) I can eat up to 2000. Other days its between 1100 - 1500 (depending on if I exercise).
Roo
5 posts Page 1 of 1