The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, I've lost around 15 KGs in about 2.5 months and i feel great. lost 4 inches off my waist. but i think most of this was because i was being too harsh on myself and eating 300 calories on fast days and 800 on non fast days but I realized using this forum that this is not how the 52 diet works so your comments helped me realize that i could eat 5 to 600 cals and around 2000 on non fast days. i realized this after 1.5 months and then i did the diet as it should have done. 5 to 600 on non fast days and around 1500 to 2000 on non fast days. previously i was also avoiding carbs and fats and stuff buut now im also eating club sandwiches with fries and stuff on saturdays and sundays and eating healthier rest of the days so life's good :) im enjoying food and dont have to compromise on non fast days because even 1500 calories seem enough to me now because i dont feel much hungry after starting the diet. but my main question is that im losing weight but will this continue?? because this seems too good to be true because i usually eat what i want on non fast days. and btw im doing a 4:3 diet where i fast for 3 days a week. if u think that thiis will continue in terms of weight loss then im loving what im doing :DD
I'm glad that you listened to us and are now enjoying food again. This WoE is so liberating. How close are you to goal weight?
Hello again, Onoono!
Great to hear back from you - and it sounds like you finally got it! :smile: The best way to keep track of your weight loss is to fill in your progress tracker and if you put it on public view that will help us to give you some advice. You are doing very well so far and even more important than the super weight loss you are eating in a healthier way!
im actually not far from my goal but I need to lose around 10 to 12 Kgs more.
Guess you just keep going, see if you continue to lose - no-one can predict the future - see how you go and if you need to tweak something you can. However as you seem to be enjoying this WOE and don't intend to treat it like a diet that will stop once you get to goal weight, then there is no rush to get anywhere is there? You have done really well so far, no reason why this should change.
That's a good weight loss onoono. Like everyone else has said, it's difficult to predict but if you use the tracker and filter the results to suit your stats (male, age, time on WOE, 5:2/4;3 etc) it can give you an indication of how others are doing.
SOunds as though you've got it right though, so keep doing what your'e doing unless it stops working.
ps good to hear from you again!
Come on now onoono fill it in don't be shy! If I can you can, and yes you've done so well :clover: Sue
There is no reason why it shouldn't continue. It may slow down but the general trend will be downward.
The reason why this works is that you will keep on doing it, its not hard to do, its not daily constant deprivation, you can be a real human being on this diet/WOE without cutting out the things that make your life worth living.
Coffee with friends, "do you want a piece of cake?" is no longer followed by "No, I'm on a diet". The back of the head thought is now, 'phew! I'm glad I planned today as a feed day and don't those profiteroles look yummy'.
Everyone is different. Some folk get to their target weight consistently losing each week others like myself seem to plateau - take a look at my chart. The good thing about 5:2 is that it is a way off life which can be tweaked. Any other diet would not have given me a loss of a stone and a half and for me to maintain it for 7 weeks. I'd have got fed up on another diet and be back at my original weight. Despite the temporary hiccup I believe I will be IFing for the rest of my life.
9 posts Page 1 of 1