The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
So today's fasting was going well until I got a phone call to say my son has a suspected fracture from playing his football match! They are in London and on their way home which will take about an hour. Then we will have to swap over- hubby needs a few hours kip before a night shift and I'm off to A&E with the boy! Hubby will order pizza when he has slept for the other 2 children and I'm dreading coming home to find leftover pizza! I have packed a banana in my bag and a bottle of water. Lets hope it's not a 4 hour wait like last time!!!
Good luck jem, hope it isn't serious (or a long wait!). If you get through the day fasting great,, but don't kick yourself too much if not.
Oh no! I hope it's a simple fracture and he makes a quick recovery!
Thanks guys. Only 2 hours waiting, 1 broken meterasol in his left foot and a moon boot for the next 4 weeks! Luckily he plays for a professional club so they will look after him. Ate my banana in the X-ray department but as expected was greatest with pizza on return. Had 1 slice only. Will fast again on Saturday to make up for today!
Hi Jem13bha,

I saw your earlier post but decided I'd wait til you had news before I posted. Good news all round then, especially about the pizza (Joke, honest!) I bet your stress levels are now sky high but I'm sure you will be fine, Hope the young Beckham is fine, long term as well, :like:

Ballerina x :heart:
Pleased he'll be looked after. All the 'top' footballers seem to suffer at some time.
Glad your lad's not too badly hurt. Well done with just one slice of pizza. :clover:
You did well, 1 slice of pizza didn't completely ruin you fast day and think of all the extra calories you burned thanks to the adrenaline! Glad your son is ok :0)
Oh my! Best wishes to you and your boy. Please don's add more stress to an already stressful situation. If you make it, OK. If you don't, OK again!
10 posts Page 1 of 1