The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

17 posts Page 1 of 2
Gee whizz it's my fast day and it's not going badly but my grandson is ravenous when he gets home from school. To me there is nothing better than a peanutbutter and fluff so it goes to reason that he is asking for it. I licked the knife and thought how many cals in a celery sandwhich? Anyway how do you all do with feeding the rest of the family on fast days and avoiding the temptations. :lol:
Luckily, mine are old enough to take care of themselves now, but I wear a surgical mask when I am baking.
claire marie, my son has to have something which can be cooked with minimum human contact (like pizza!) I cannot chop or peel or mix as I will eat! What is fluff? Whatever it is I would love it with peanut butter, I can hardly type those words I am so hungry (fasting today). Partner is joining in so that has made it a bit easier! :lol:
Mrs H-R fluff is spreadable marshmallow it is very sticky ans sweet. I grew up with it. I like deMuralist idea of cooking with a surgical mask.
ooooh don't think we have that in the UK. I've put jam with it though! That's probably healthier as it is made of fruit (NOT!!!)
Oh its definitely not healthy but nothing with sugar is. Fluff was "invented" here in the New England area of US. I like it best in summer. Mostly after swimming...oh that sweet taste together with salt water hmmm-hmmm. I shall go to the beach on my next feast day!
Mrs H-R wrote: ooooh don't think we have that in the UK. I've put jam with it though! That's probably healthier as it is made of fruit (NOT!!!)

I've seen it in Asda :bugeyes:
Bleugh to both of those, if happily make them for someone else although may need surgical gloves rather than mask to avoid getting it on me! I'm the same with jam, my daughter loves it but I can't stand it! In answer to your question though when I began 5:2 I found avoiding feeding everyone easier, but as that's unavoidable with kids around I just mentally switch off from it and now it doesn't bother me at all, saying that I've never been one to pick at my kids meals as being overweight I was conscious that I didn't need another bad habit to add to my numerous ones already! I think a fasting mindset makes it easy to be around people eating and not be bothered, I do it all the time now and as my weight loss has grown I now inform people I'm fasting and why and usually they are accepting or interested. Lots of people claim they could never do it/would feel dizzy etc. and I tell them I used to think the same but turns out I was wrong!
I hate peanut butter, LOL!!!

My mum has to feed my dad, my grandmother and her nurse and she told me that she is thinking of starting 5:2 and what should she do re: cooking on fast days. I told her to prepare/cook everything on the day before and not go in the kitchen except for when it's time to get her food.
Watching my son eat lemon curd toast (from the delicious lemon curd I'd made the day before my fast) was so difficult. I had another cup of crio bru and thought about how I would have that for breakfast the next day. (Which I just did!)
It's roasted cacoa beans which have been roasted and ground - so drink it like coffee, you can do plunger or esspresso. Perfect for someone like me who dislikes coffee, and it's full of goodness. On fast days I drink it black, but will often have it with milk and honey when not fasting. http://www.criobru.com.au/ is the one I've got (Coca River and Cavalla are the two I've tried) and also this mob do it too http://www.cacau.com.au/.
KataMac that sounds wonderful especially for those yearning for chocolate. Will be on my pantry list for sure.
We use fluff to make a lazy man's s'mores. Fluff on dark chocolate, I usually skip the graham cracker, in this combo I think it is a waste of calories.
17 posts Page 1 of 2