The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Impromptu fasts?
31 May 2013, 14:47
Anyone else ever do these? My fasting has been off and on recently for various reasons and yesterday I hadn't planned to fast but I got to lunchtime and I still hadn't eaten. I was meeting a friend for lunch and as she was a bit skint she wasn't eating, so I decided to join her and went straight through to dinner time (despite going to Selfridges and seeing the strawberry tarts in the patisserie!).

This isn't the first time I've done this and I love that now if I get to lunchtime and haven't eaten my first thought isn't 'oh god, I need food NOW!', it's 'maybe I could have a fast day instead'.

Noddy
Re: Impromptu fasts?
31 May 2013, 15:11
Hi noddy, i had planned to do my second fast yesterday, but after lasting all day I ended up eating takeaway in the evening!

I couldn't fast today as I had plans, but then I thought 'if I stop eating at 6pm and fast until 12pm tomorrow (when I have a lunch date) I've kind of done a 18/6 fast to make up for it. Not my preferred 24 hours, but I think it's great that we can just make these calls!

X
31 May 2013, 15:17
That's exactly it. And although you ended up having a takeaway yesterday, you're still better off than having a takeaway after a normal day's eating.
31 May 2013, 15:25
Lol, exactly. From all of my research so far there's nothing to suggest mixing up styles and irregular fasts has any harmful effects. In fact I've read that it helps keep your body on its toes more than the same scheduled fasts. The only thing I've seen is to not leave a gap between eating greater than 72 hours, as in clinical trials this was when the body began to react negatively. So we are free to impromptu away lol x
31 May 2013, 16:09
Noddy, I do just the same. If it feels like a fast day then that's what it becomes. I now only fast very occasionally to maintain but I still enjoy having 'light' days in my life,

Ballerina x :heart:
31 May 2013, 17:16
I'm having an impromptu fast day today, I fasted Sunday and Wednesday this week so rather than go so long without a fast I decided this morning to skip breakfast, then chose to skip lunch and still to decide whether to skip dinner although its looking more and more likely as I'm just not hungry! Food shopping arrived this morning though so there are delicious temptations everywhere! Guess they will be even more delicious tomorrow though!
31 May 2013, 17:59
I do it all the time. I've woken up many days not planning on a fast that day but it turned into one.

My fasting schedule has always been erratic from the beginning and I hardly ever fast the same days 2 weeks in a row. I've also had several weeks where I fasted 3 times but then did only 1 the next. I don't know if it has hurt my progress doing it this way but hasn't seemed to.
7 posts Page 1 of 1