The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Half term nearly over!
31 May 2013, 21:03
And boy it has been hard this time! Fasting has been difficult, it was my birthday on bank holiday Monday, so no usual fast then. Did Tuesday instead, that went well. Then got invited out other days, trips out with the kids etc, so now I'm going to try for tomorrow.

Thank goodness this WOE is so flexible!

I think I should have treated this week like any holiday away, and just not stressed about it, but I've done so well already. I don't want to slip back into my old habits :oops:

Anyone else find school hols really difficult?
Re: Half term nearly over!
31 May 2013, 21:14
That's how I found 16:8 :smile: compromise!
Happy belated birthday x
31 May 2013, 21:17
I can sympathise Honeybee, and I'm only a Granny!! This week I've made a cake (eaten most of it myself!) plus iced buns for my grandsons. Then when they were with me for a day, including lunch, who ate all the leftovers!!!!! :confused: Hey ho, roll on next week. Good luck. Xx :heart:
31 May 2013, 21:19
Thanks I might have to try that for the big summer hols!

Roughly where are you in East Anglia Wendy? I'm originally from Suffolk, moved away when I went to uni. My folks, and brother/sil still live there though.

Granny, iced buns! You sound like a lovely gran :smile:
31 May 2013, 22:05
Yes, same here!!
I also changed my usual fast day from Monday to Tuesday and kept my Thursday as normal but it was really difficult feeding the kids!
I might do 16/8 over the summer hols too TBH.
31 May 2013, 22:43
Has been hard this week. Chocolate iced donuts with sprinkles sitting there looking at me. Kids always hungry and wanting to eat. smell of toast from 8am til mid afternoon, depending on when they get up. Have 4 at home and with sleepovers involving munch after hours it's been hard not to resist. Even made a cake with 2 of kids on a fast day. Chocolate with whipped double cream covering it to help the Cadbury chocolate fingers stick to it! Was yummy though :) roll on next week when it's back to normal with a tidyish house x
31 May 2013, 22:58
Oh wow! That sounds delicious. That is the sort of thing your children will remember though in later years, how you baked together and it all tasted amazing. Bet they won't remember whether you were little or not so, as the case might be! Glad you enjoyed your time together, it all passes so quickly. Xx
31 May 2013, 23:07
Thanks grannyl. I know what you mean. My baby is 11 and I'm not ready to let him go big school. This will probably be the last summer hols that he won't be busy off with his friends and he'll be walking to school all on his own in Sept. Plus side: end of my 18 years of school runs! it's so true when people say they grow up so quickly...x
02 Jun 2013, 20:01
.....and where do all those years go?!! We have spent time with our grandsons today, 6 and 3 and are amazed when they say and do just the things their dad used to.....he's now 35!

I do feel for you amberenchanted, it is so hard to let go, they feel and think they are so grown up but they're still your baby at heart. X
02 Jun 2013, 20:51
YES! They are so very difficult. I get completely out of routine and my meal planning goes out the window - plus I try and do nice things with the kids that often involve some food.

My exercise regime went the way of the pear as well, and I am annoyed with myself. Back on it tonight, though.

I am dreading the summer hols, but also, looking forward to 6 weeks of no school runs.
02 Jun 2013, 21:17
Surprisingly I have found half term easier than I ever imagined, I fasted Sunday, Wednesday and Friday! Think I may have got in the zone, can see and feel a real difference in my weight now and just want the rest gone so I can get on with my life with no more obstacles! Here's to a new week of 5:2! :0)
11 posts Page 1 of 1