The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Weigh ins
02 Jun 2013, 11:02
Just out of curiosity how often do people weigh themselves?

I would normally go 1 week but this diet seems to be motivating me and was thinking of maybe going 2-3 weeks.
Plus I hate weighing myself after exercising so that hinders me doing exercise on fast days that I weigh and days before weigh in.

Think if Im honest Im scared to weigh myself as Im scared of being dissappoonted :-(

Just curious to what people do?

Karen
Re: Weigh ins
02 Jun 2013, 11:14
I weigh every morning and log it in my Libra app. Sometimes I jump on the scales several times a day, I amuses me watching it creep up and up and then the drop overnight. lol (I think I need a life, :doh: lol) I'm more interested in getting back into my size 6 clothes (maybe they will come back in style?). Also curious if I will need to be 130-135 lbs again for them to fit. This WoE seems to be changing my body shape very differently than when the weight was creeping up. I don't let the scales scare me .. as long as the trend is down and my clothes are looser. :)
02 Jun 2013, 18:14
Hi Karen I weigh weekly just had a holiday + changed my weigh day to Friday crafty move before feasting weekend. Sue
02 Jun 2013, 18:55
I'm a daily weigher - just can't resist - I don't worry if it goes up cos it never goes up to where I started from which for me is the point.

Fast day tomorrow

Claire
02 Jun 2013, 19:23
I weigh most days and as others have said it is interesting to watch it go up and down especially since by the end of the week I am almost always at a lower point than the previous week.
02 Jun 2013, 21:20
I would never weigh myself daily.That would make me become obsessed lol
I think I will just play it by ear and maybe attempt a weigh in in a few weeks.

Planning on 3 fasts this week.

Karen
02 Jun 2013, 21:28
I almost always jump on the scale first thing every morning. I don't worry about it much because I know there's going to be variation. If it's within 2 pounds, it's no big deal. If it's 3, I'll buckle down a little more. If it looks like I'm stuck too long, I might try to shake it up a little bit by increasing a fast day, exercising more, scrutinizing my Non Fast Day intake a bit.

I stay positive by focusing on the way my clothes fit and the compliments I get. :lol:
03 Jun 2013, 12:52
I started off with weighing weekly, but it wasn't really suitable for me because I couldn't see the natural fluctuations in weight, so on weeks I didn't really move it was a bit disheartening.

I weigh myself daily now, first thing in the morning so I can keep track of the fluctuations, I put my weight into the IOS "True Weight" app so I don't drive myself insane if I go up.

I love jumping on the scales, I think I probably need a life too
03 Jun 2013, 13:08
Monthly and measure twice a month
03 Jun 2013, 13:09
I like weighing everyday too and nice to see that I am not the only one....
10 posts Page 1 of 1