The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Looking forward to fasts?
02 Jun 2013, 21:35
Ive only been doing this for one week but I have realised that I am actually looking forward to my fast days.So much so Im going to try 4:3 this week.

Does anybody else look forward to fast days??

Although all my fast days are based around my days off work (Im a support worker) For me its part knowing that Im being good and losing calories but i think its because years of dieting and always thinking about food has left me always thinkibg about food and what Im eating,but fast days allow me to turn off from food for a while (apart from dinner lol) and just focus on other stuff.

This diet def helps you see and evaluate your relationship to food and Ive realised mines has been unhealthy.Hopefully this diet will help change that view and let me more flexible, enjoy food again and not feel guilty about actually eating.

Karen
Re: Looking forward to fasts?
03 Jun 2013, 02:43
I love the aspect of not thinking about food too. I usually just buy an organic soup box and have some vegetables too and I feel like it's a no think food day. It's totally easier then Adkins, which I have tried several times with not enough success.
03 Jun 2013, 02:57
Yep i definitely look forward to "fast days"
Bit like when i used to look forward to "Sundays" or church going days - kind of like a "cleansing" or fulfilment of one's right path.
03 Jun 2013, 06:56
I really enjoy my fast days. I still find them a bit tough, my hunger switch usually flips on at about 2pm and then I find it a bit of a trek till my evening meal but I still really look forward to them. For me I enjoy the feeling of 'I'm doing this for me, I'm doing this to finally lose weight well and feel good about myself'. X
03 Jun 2013, 07:16
I particularly look forward to Monday fasts, probably because of the gap being 3 non fast days (rather than the 2 non fast days between Mon and Thurs fasts).
03 Jun 2013, 23:45
I look forward to them. I feel cleaner and lighter somehow. And that sounds so appealing after I've gone on a big binge over the weekend.
04 Jun 2013, 00:00
Hello:). This is my 3rd week into this so I'm probably not one who should answer but already I have found that I look forward to my fasts on Monday and Wednesdays. I don't eat on those days at all though. I find I do better with just no calorie days altogether! Once I put something in my mouth I feel I'll want to eat all day so I just don't eat anything. I've actually been doing 2-36 hour fasts a week which I guess in essence is 3-24 hour days. I don't find it that hard at all. I do have rumblings and hunger pangs but they pass relatively quickly so it seems I can continue on with not a lot of problems. I'm so looking forward to seeing all the victories and goals met here and also excited to be a part of it all. Thanks to all who post your ups and your downs. They are so beneficial to all the rest of us who also struggle on a daily basis.
04 Jun 2013, 00:40
Great that you've discovered that food triggers hunger for you so early on Debnorris7. (It was months before I realised I was better off not having my evening meal on my fast day, and just doing the straight 36 hours water/tea only.)
04 Jun 2013, 02:34
I just echo what others have written. I really enjoy the Monday fast day after a sometimes heavier weekend. Saying that though, I am really attuning my body to accepting food when it wants it, rather than the 3 square a day, that is not saying I graze, but really that at meal times, I am more conscious of portion size, but more importantly what is being consumed. I am currently avoiding as much processed food as possible, the exception being cheese. I live in Switzerland, and cheese is marvelous.
9 posts Page 1 of 1