The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Water infusion
05 Jun 2013, 14:54
Hey fasters - I get through my fast days primarily by creating super flavorful waters and iced teas. Use lots of lemon, ginger, mint etc (not necessarily at the same time.)

I just bought a glass water bottle that comes with a pull-out plastic basket to facilitate a less messy approach to my water creations. (AND I finally remembered to click the affiliate link so this site would get some % credit for my order on Amazon!)

Just curious whether anyone else does the water enhancement thing? If so, what do you put in yours? I'm looking for ideas!
Re: Water infusion
05 Jun 2013, 15:15
I drink mostly tea when I fast! I've been drinking Yogi Tea's "Healthy Fasting" which has some barley tea in it, which helps with hunger... but I'm thinking about just finding a barley tea I like.

I also drink some Tazo Passion Tea as my water everyday, it's bright and cheerful, with Hibiscus and Rose Hips, Licorice and Cinnamon... all good things. I just make it in the morning and drink it lukewarm all day.

But I also change it up every so often, as nothing is good in excess... so that's just right now... it seems like a good combo as the weather warms up.

I also often will drink some chamomile before bedtime - after wine it helps rehydrate and helps me transition from wine to sleep... on my fast days, when I don't drink wine, I have the camomile tea to look forward to!

I love mint tea as well... especially when I have fresh mint leaves. I just fill the whole tea pot with them and pour in hot water, it's so refreshing and relaxing!

Oh! And I used to do tons of Lemon, I love lemon, but if you have problems with urinary incontinence, it can aggravate that... so for me, it's everything in moderation.

If I have cold water, on super hot days, it's nice to add cucumber and lemons to the water.

I really love :heart: teas and tisanes... :) :like:
05 Jun 2013, 18:20
Oh cucumber, good idea! Thanks Joy!

I love the Yogi teas too. One of my faves is the lemon-ginger. I've been drinking it iced on these hot summer days. (I love their Chai as well.)

Mmmm, wine. (Tomorrow!) :lol:
05 Jun 2013, 18:24
My mum does although she is not 5:2ing. She prefers lime most of the times.
4 posts Page 1 of 1