The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Non fast days
06 Jun 2013, 00:05
So I am down 5 lbs and on my 6th week of this diet, which I am super happy about! :) I do have one concern though. I noticed on non fast days I tend to "treat" myself a little too much and I feel like I have been just eating what I want, not overeating, but not eating super healthy. I know I am down 5 lbs, but will this deter my progress that much greater? Just wondering if the non fast days have any impact what so ever on the overall weight loss? I feel like as long as I keep up my fast days and keep them under 500 I am ok... not sure though.
Re: Non fast days
06 Jun 2013, 00:24
Yes the non-fast days do have an impact. Dr M advocates eating 'normally' on your non-fast days - which means normal for your height, weight and TDEE. To lose weight you will need to have a calorie deficit over an extended period. You probably won't lose weight if you have a calorie deficit of 1500 calories on two days a week but then overcompensate by more than 3000 calories a week on non-fast days.

Having said that, the beauty of this is that there's supposed to be no calorie counting on non-fast days, and if you've lost 5 lbs in six weeks you're obviously doing it right ... so keep on doing it.
Re: Non fast days
06 Jun 2013, 00:35
Thank you Tara! I will definitely keep it up, loving this diet so far :)
3 posts Page 1 of 1