The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone from NZ. Col (kenken) and I have just finished fast day 4, and although our days are are slightly different, I thought I'd let you all know my thoughts before tomorrow's first weigh-in. I have an egg for breakfast, then nothing til the evening when we have a little salmon or chicken, and lots of veges. The morning's go very well, even lunchtime, but struggle a little in the afternoon. I believe, however, that I miss the habit of eating, rather than the food itself.It's now about 6pm, and I consider the fast day over, as it's dinner time soon, and apart from not being able to have a couple of wines (habit), or a little snack after dinner (habit), we get through the evening just fine.

There's a real sense of well-being the next day and right through the weekend. We've always eaten well, just too much. The focus on the 5:2 has certainly helped on "feast days", especially being aware just how much food we actually eat.

After just the first week I had to bring my belt in a large notch, which thrilled me to bits, and I expect quite a different waist measurement tomorrow, even if the scales tell me I haven't lost a lot.I do intend to only weigh myself every two weeks, so I hope I can keep to that......... wish me luck for the morning, I'll post the results! (and for those of you who are just getting out of bed to start your Thursday fast, have a great day)
... just one more thing - this forum is great. We read posts every day, it's very supportive. Thanks.
Hi Rich

I was going to start a similar thread so I'll join in on yours if that's ok :wink:

I started on 13th May and lost 2lbs in first week but then blew week 2 by guzzling wine on second fast (start of holidays). Last week I was on holiday so didn't fast. But I'm back on track this week.

This is my 6th fast today and I have to admit I've not really had any problems with them so far. I thought it would be much harder but have been pleasantly surprised. First week I had breakfast but now don't eat until about lunchtime when I'll have something 200Kcals or less then have the rest for dinner. I knock off about 40Kcals for milk in coffee during the day.

I must admit to feeling quite saintly :angel: when fasting and enjoy the feeling of being "lighter" the next day, whether real or imagined. What I have discovered is that on feed days having breakfast makes me hungry by 11am, so I think tomorrow I'll see if I can skip it and go through to lunch. I'm quite intrigued to try combining 5:2 with 16:8 in the future.

All in all it's been a positive experience so far. So it's great to hear you are so positive about it too :smile: Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow :clover: and look forward to your progress

Alf
4.8 kg and 3 cm from the waist - WOW. I know things will even out from now, but's it's given me a real boost for the next few weeks.
WOW! Those are fantastic results for just 2 weeks done. Well done! :like:
5 posts Page 1 of 1