The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
First weigh in
06 Jun 2013, 15:35
Hi.

I started a week past Tuesday and I had a sneeky little weigh in today as I had thought it was a fasting day (decided its not and will have one Sat instead lol). And I have lost 1lbs in that week and 2 days (That is 3 fasts) I have also lost a couple inches here and there.

I know this is good but have to admit after seekng peoples posts about losing 3-4 pounds in first week I am a tad dissappointed (Im never happy lol) does anybody have any tips for maybe seeing higher numbers??

I have to admit the first week was a free for all with feast days so I am now watching what I eat, remembering the the quantity and enjoying the quality.

Thanks
Re: First weigh in
06 Jun 2013, 15:49
Hi Karen, i can understand that yoú're dispappointed, but just hang in there, the weight will come off, slowly but surely!
06 Jun 2013, 17:31
Into my ninth week now and the weight is still coming off. I did lose 5 in the first week but I also had 0 some weeks. it does bounce around. If you average it out it is about 2 pounds a week. I look at 5 2 as a lifestyle change so over a year or maybe six months I should reach my goal and then maintain for life. The truth is that fat took along time to accumulate and will take time to melt away. I read somewhere that mature fat cells can reproduce themselves so your not only stopping new fat cells by dieting but also starving those gosh darn reproducers to death. You will see good progress as you go along.
06 Jun 2013, 18:48
I think we have to be realistic about the first week ! I thought I had lost 5lbs but after 3 weeks it will be about that in total ! I think the first week some might lose water but it's impossible to lose 5lbs of body fat unless its extreme dieting ! 3500 calories is about 1lb of body fat therefore if an adult ate nothing for 24 hours and had a farly physical day then you would lose a 1 lb . Providing ing you reduce your calories by 4000 a week ( 2x 500 - 600 calorie days ) and normal eating of between 2000 to 2500 for the other 5 ( depending on each individuals needs ) then 1 to 11/2 lbs a week is realistic ! It's all very mathematical , I am at least 2 stone over weight that is 28 lbs , that means I will have to burn about 100,000 calories to lose the weight . If I can mange to cut down by 4000 calories a week over and above my needs then devide 100,000 by 4000 that equals 25 . So 25 weeks , 6 months to achieve my goal . Honestly get 5,6,7 lbs a week out of your head , a steady 1lb a week is relatively painless , achievable and sustainable !
4 posts Page 1 of 1