The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Does it get easier?
07 Jun 2013, 19:21
Hi all well for me its been very easy from day2 first day I did to much walking and couldn't eat so next fast day I was more sensible and went ok from then onwards, I'm finding so easy & know I can do this for life which is just as well considering how far I have to go. Sue
07 Jun 2013, 20:17
I've been fasting for about 6 weeks now, and I find fasting very easy now. I had a headache and some problems sleeping in the beginning, and I generally felt hungry. I find I generally have more energy on fast days, not less, so I probably move more and do sports more on fast days, it's the day after a fast day that I don't have as much energy for sport.
As for dreading a fast day, generally that doesn't happen anymore but if it does I say to myself I'll skip breakfast and see how I go, and when it comes to it fasting isn't so bad so I carry on.
07 Jun 2013, 20:32
After a while it's just something you do without thinking. In the early days I used to have a drink of water and tell myself "some people don't have the choice but to go hungry" and that somehow gave me the strength to go on.
Hope this helps.
07 Jun 2013, 22:08
What improved first for me was that I eventually stopped being nervous and scared the night before a fast day. It took a few weeks before I realised it wasn't such a big deal. Now many months in it has suddenly got a whole lot easier. I'm even wondering if two successive days would work as I'm less hungry the morning after, before eating, than I was the fast day. 3pm is probably the worst point presumably because glycogen reserves are running out.
07 Jun 2013, 22:33
Yes! It definitely gets easier. The first few weeks I had hunger pangs on fast days, but by about week 4 it just got easier. I love going to the gym and doing a hard workout on fast days as I feel I have more energy than usual! The key is to stick with it! Good luck.
07 Jun 2013, 23:20
Hi there!
Yes, it does get easier. I had headaches and was a bit cranky for the first few fasts, but don't experience that at all 3 months in.
I can't say I really look forward to the fasts, but don't dread them either.
Like some others, I get hungry for a while from 3-5ish but find I either eat a few strawberries or another very low cal( less than 50cals snack) and I eat dinner about 6pm.
As you go on you'll find more low cal products which suit you and help keep hunger at bay. I had never tried low cal hot chocolate before(doesn't have artificial sugars) and now look forward to a drink of that after dinner, (only about 35 cals using Almond milk).
I swim laps most fast mornings and try to make it a busy day so it passes quickly to dinner time.
There are so many tips on the forum, use it well and we'll all lose weight together! :smile:
07 Jun 2013, 23:25
I feel like it's getting easier. Still getting a mild headache on the 2nd fast day of the week, but in the big picture .... eh!

Hang in there!

mikita
08 Jun 2013, 00:15
Although I don't exactly like eating only 500 calories in a day, I always looked forward to fasting. I felt like I was repairing the damage I did by eating.
And all this longing of what I will eat tomorrow, makes food taste 100 times better than ever!
To answer your question, yes, it does get better. But sometimes it is very difficult. I don't know what makes the difference, perhaps it is the weather, the time of the month, how tired we are, if we are sad or happy or angry or what we ate the night before.
Still, IMO, no matter how difficult some fast days are, the overall results are worth it.
08 Jun 2013, 00:17
As everyone says, it really does get easier. I think everyone has their own time frame, for me it was actually easy the first couple of weeks, then harder, then about week 12 it became different. My last few fasts have been nearly effortless. For one thing, I think it matters that you have been through the fasting days, and it's not that bad, and you finally realize that.
24 posts Page 2 of 2