The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
I enjoyed reading so much about food all over the world in yesterday's thread, that I thought I'd post it as a regular thing.
Today, it being a glorious day, I will not be spending it at the kitchen sink.

No breakfast
Lunch will be a rollmop herring
Dinner: barbe with chicken thigh fillets marinated in Thai marinade (2 for me)
green salad and maybe a green lentil and pearl barley side salad, if I can summon up the energy to precook the lentils and barley.
We will be spending the day gardening, so I can burn off a few cals.
Hub, will probably sling a few more bits and bobs on the barbe for himself.

We will probably open a bottle of red falling down juice and sit outside by the stream, watching the bats 'till it's dark.

Ahhhhh......
I have had tea and toast (with apricot jam) for breakfast and will probably have the following for my main meal later on - melanzane parmigiana - it's fab, and this is a great blog for recipes, esp for single people
http://thesinglegourmetandtraveller.wor ... armigiana/
Will have this with some salad, followed by yoghurt and blueberries
Will also be gardening, tho should really be doing housework :bugeyes: but that will now be left until my day off on Thursday, when it looks as if it will be raining! :cry:
Thank you for that! It sounds scrummy! I'm bookmarking that blog, too!
Fab idea, LOVE IT!!!
So far I've only had my breakfast, cold espresso with milk and a mini waffle.
Lunch will be omelette with sausages and perhaps some hash browns.
For dinner, I will make a traditional Greek recipe, tsigariasta. It's any kind of greens (I'm using beets and spinach) sauteed with onions, tomato and feta cheese.
I'm keeping it low key today since I kinda overdid it yesterday with after midnight wine and ice cream while watching Fawlty Towers.
Bacon and eggs.
Badly cooked steak at neighbours BBQ
Lovely lamb cooked by hubby with veggies and a sort of Eaton mess.
Lots and lots and lots of wine.
No wonder I've been stuck at the same weight for months now.
Bacon, egg and tomatoes.

Yoghurt with honey, because I couldn't think of anything, it's hot and I need to go shopping...

Not sure about tonight.

Read Robb Wolf's book yesterday so contemplating an even more Paleo diet.
Strawberries, raspberries and cream. Lovely latte. Egg mayonnaise sandwich with side salad. Chai tea and teeny weeny treacle tart ...
:0)
Went shopping, now making sausage rolls to eat with lettuce.
8 posts Page 1 of 1