The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
hi so as some of u might know that i lost nearly 15 KGs in 2.5 months with the diet and lost over 3 inches off my waist. but a part of this incredible loss was because of me starving and taking 800 cals on non fasting days and 300 on fasting days and i used to do the 43 diet. im still doing the 4:3 diet but a lot of people recommended the correct method which was to eat TDEE on non fasting 4 days and 500 cals on fast days, which i have been doing for the past 1.5 months and still was losing weight and inches. and i also started taking more carbs, which i was avoiding in my starving diet previouly. no the thing is that in the last 15 days ive only lost 1 kg which is very less compared to my previous results and im still doing the 43 diet. my TDEE is like 2200 but i eat around 1200 to 1500 on non fast days because that fills me up and is more than enough and i eat around 5 to 600 on fast days. so is this something that i should be worried about with only 1 kg lost in last 15 days? or should i coontinue this normally? i havent changed anything since the past 1.5 months and still lost weight and in the last 15 days, i did the same thing but only lost 1 kg. so what do u think? should i continue like this taking max 1500 on non fast days because i dont need to reach me TDEE as im full with 1500 cals. or should i reduce anything?
thanks
You are doing fine, 1 kg loss for 2 weeks is right on forum average for men. Do try to move more, see kencc's thread on NEAT, you don't have to exercise per se, just stand and walk more. If you are full with 1500 cals and have energy then I suppose that is ok but since you are a young man, I would think you should have more cals on your normal days, but only you would know what is satisfactory since we are all different. :)
I guess i was a bit disappointed after losing so much weight so quickly and then looking the same for 15 days. ill also try to ease up on carbs
I understand your disappointment, but you did lose. This WoE is not a race, it's about learning a new way of eating and eventually maintaining that weight loss. You will get there. :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1