The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Ideas for food!
09 Jun 2013, 15:26
I may be being a bit stupid here...

I am now into my 4th week of the 5:2 diet - lost 6 pounds so far

I am looking to see what other people have to eat and when during their fasting days.

I am allowed 600 calories and often eat an apple at lunch and save the meal until 6pm

Have bought recepie books but wondering what people here have - is there a section on the forum for this?
Re: Ideas for food!
09 Jun 2013, 15:46
Right here:

viewforum.php?f=5

Being lazy, I often make 1 pot of something that we eat on both fasting days that week :-)
09 Jun 2013, 16:20
I am just entering my fourth week and have done six fasts so far. I have really enjoyed making the most of my 500 cals - for me it is part of the fun planning my food for the main meals on fast days. Up to now though, the meals have been variations on salads and stir fries. We grow salad veg in the garden so it is nice to use home grown and I love English asparagus so that has been my seasonal treat. The soft fruits are coming now so I will be incorporating them as well. I normally have up to 150 cals around 8 a.m. And the remainder around 8 p.m. - no lunch but plenty of water and fruit/herbal tea. I work out roughly what i want to eat and chck the calories on My Fitness Pal app. Lost 5 1/2 lbs so far and am sure that I've finally cracked it!
09 Jun 2013, 16:38
At first I ate porridge. Then I started eating porridge with veggies (very filling and lots of fibre).
Now that all the summer veggies are out and about, I usually have zero noodles with veggies for lunch and veggies (either roasted or raw) with low fat cheese for dinner.
My breakfast and/or afternoon snack is either a rice cake or two or a couple of turkey slices with low fat cheese.
09 Jun 2013, 17:11
I will be on my third fast tomorrow and I like to eat one meal at the end of the day. So far from the cook book I have eaten the slit pea dahl and the tikka lentils. Both were really nice considering I've not really ever eaten lentils on their own however I do love spicy, flavoursome meals. Tommorrow i'm looking forward to the harrissa (?) chicken.
5 posts Page 1 of 1