The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi All,
This is my 3rd fast day and my first monday. We had a big week-end and everyone in the house is exhausted, I also have my period which usually makes me want to consume vast quantities of carbs drowned in cheese. So while I'm not particularly hungry all I've been thinking about all morning is what to eat at brunch and how can I get away with lots of carbs.....
It's going to be a tough day I think.
Keep going, they do get easier and sometimes after a heavy eating weekend I enjoy a Monday fast, look on it as a repair day to undo the weekends damage! Beware the carb eating on a fast day as it can make it harder, maybe try eggs as a filling low cal food?
Good luck
For some reason, my third fast was the worst. As soon as I put it behind me, most fasts flew away. Hang in there!
Forgot to say, porridge is a very filling low-cal carb, I ate it on every fast day while it was cold.
It's my third fast day too. I have had a cup of tea earlier and just had a late breakfast of two ounces of porridge oats made with water and a mug of coffee.
I hope this will keep me going until tonight.
Some days I feel strong but I am sure I will struggle too!
These forums help me, it's nice to hear of others who are doing the same and I feel as if I have to keep busy! (Makes a change!)
Good luck with day three!
Thanks all. After a morning avoiding the kitchen and salivating over the thought of food, I geared myself up for a eggy brunch only to find all eggs gone - grrrrr! I ended up with a bit of brown toast with a cooked mix of cougette, spring onion, herbs and tomato ontop - a pretend pizza. But still hungry.......
Think I'll have a cup of Miso soon.
If it's any consolation I found week 2 the hardest....now it's usually a dawdle! :oops: hang in there....u know it's worth it!!
7 posts Page 1 of 1