The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I am trying to reintroduce food to my feed days.

I went from counting calories on a daily basis to keep it closest to 1200 calories everyday which seems to point out that although i wasn't in starvation mode it was keeping my metabolism slow.

Now i'm trying to reintroduce food into my feed days to return my metabolism to normal and i'm having a little bit of a hard time with it. From what i have read and been advised by others as long as i do it slowly and not in one big jump i should notice more weight loss not less on a weekly basis.

It's hard for me to let go of the fear even thou all the evidence points toward it being the right thing to do.

So any encouragement i can get would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. I am a recovering binge eater
This is a very common problem when starting this WoE, especially for those that have come from 'counting' diet plans. You are off to a great start with already losing several pounds. Keep all binge foods out of the home, it's kind of hard to binge excessively on broccoli ;). Be kind to yourself and jump on here when needed. If you do have a binge episode, just pick yourself up, dust off and start this WoE again. There is no failure or guilt with this WoE.
2 posts Page 1 of 1