The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Headaches
10 Jun 2013, 19:41
I am failing miserably at the moment, and of course the more miserbable i feel about failing the more I fail! Am in dire need of some motivational words please
I also find that on my fast days although I have a breakfast lunch and evening meal I suffer awful headaches from relatively early on in the day but no real idea why as still have coffee which is always decaffinated and have it black on fast days?
Any ideas and help appreciated :frown:
Re: Headaches
10 Jun 2013, 19:46
I also found that I suffered with headaches early on but they've subsided of late. I put it down to one thing, water.

I read somewhere (I think probably on this forum) that our food has an awful lot of water in it, even foods that might surprise us and that the headaches are in the main caused by dehydration. Decaf coffee can still have an adverse effect in terms of head aches too. My recommendation would be to swap the coffee for a fruit tea and always have a bottle or glass of water on the go. It's an added bonus that it tends to make you feel full too, always appreciated on a fast day.

Also, it's worth looking at what you're eating on fast days. For example, I try and have porridge in the morning because it's both filling and quite liquid so tends to help with the headaches. Soups are always ideal at dinner time too, I've just finished off a bowl of delicious dahl, again with lots of water :)

Keep going though, I've no doubt you'll come out the other side and I can assure you that the headaches got better for me.
10 Jun 2013, 19:48
I also found that I suffered with headaches early on but they've subsided of late. I put it down to one thing, water.

I read somewhere (I think probably on this forum) that our food has an awful lot of water in it, even foods that might surprise us and that the headaches are in the main caused by dehydration. Decaf coffee can still have an adverse effect in terms of head aches too. My recommendation would be to swap the coffee for a fruit tea and always have a bottle or glass of water on the go. It's an added bonus that it tends to make you feel full too, always appreciated on a fast day.

Also, it's worth looking at what you're eating on fast days. For example, I try and have porridge in the morning because it's both filling and quite liquid so tends to help with the headaches. Soups are always ideal at dinner time too, I've just finished off a bowl of delicious dahl, again with lots of water :)

Keep going though, I've no doubt you'll come out the other side and I can assure you that the headaches got better for me.
10 Jun 2013, 19:50
Water water water

I read on here that lack of water can result in headaches, I drink a least 2 litres on a fast day. Now either I'm lucky & wasn't going to have a headache anyway, or the water has done it's job!
10 Jun 2013, 20:11
When I did the Dukan it was the lack of carbs and sugar that was giving me headaches. I was drinking so much water that I was peeing clear and getting up 3-4 times in the night (I never ever EVER ever get up to use the bathroom in the night).
These WILL subside in time and you're doing great. Just by being on this site you're doing the right thing as you know whats good for you and want to keep going.
You can't be failing miserably! You're here aren't you! :-)
10 Jun 2013, 20:13
lastresort2013 wrote: You can't be failing miserably! You're here aren't you! :-)

:like:
6 posts Page 1 of 1