The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Guilt
10 Jun 2013, 21:02
I feel guilty :-(

Today was my feast day and I def had a feast. Due to a horrible dinner at work and being sick I have now tucked into a fish supper and ice lolly lol
Just one of those days :-(

I feel guilty. I enjoyed it and have stuck to fasts since I started but still feel guilty.
Oh well tomorrow is a new day and my fast day.Shall exercise loads lol

Does the feeling of guilt ever stop?? Any advice to stop the guilt??

Karen
Re: Guilt
10 Jun 2013, 21:08
As you continue losing weight while you don't stop eating, the guilt will soon vanish and you will enjoy both fast and non-fast days without having any second thoughts. :-)
10 Jun 2013, 21:21
Thanks. Think the guilt is built in after so many years of dieting.....Its a natural response now with any food that isnt deemed 'diet food'

Karen
10 Jun 2013, 21:22
One thing that can help with negative emotions is think of them as playful children wanting your attention all the time. Try to smile at them or ignore them and see them as not part of you.
Try and be in the moment, not thinking back to whats gone before, which you cannot change
Good luck :clover:
10 Jun 2013, 21:26
Thanks.Everyone on here is so friendly and supportive :-)

Tomorrow is a new day and a new fast day.Tomorrow is the start of my third week so now I have fast days down its time to focus on feast days and get that right :-)

Thanks

Karen
10 Jun 2013, 21:55
At least it was a feast day for you - I was on a fast day today but although I managed to eat nothing from last night till 4pm, I ended up stuffing myself with loads of rubbish :frown: . So I share your guilt!
6 posts Page 1 of 1