The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Advice
10 Jun 2013, 21:36
This is the start of my third week and now that I have fast days sorted I now need to focus on my feast days and what Im eating so just looking for some advice.

Should I be calorie counting? At the moment Im just having a proper breakfast,lunch and dinner with snacks in between and eating fruit and veg. My TDMM is above 2000 cals so hoping by sticking to that pattern of eating I will reach that cal amount without thinking or counting but worried Ill either over eat or under eat.

Don't want to count cals as been there, done that and have all the T-shirts but if it would help I would force myself to do it.

My next weigh in is end of month so dont know if I should continue as above till then and see how I get on then re assess the situation if its not working like that.

However what do other people do and any advice for getting my feast days perfect to maximise weight loss??

Karen
Re: Advice
10 Jun 2013, 21:40
Hi Karen & welcome :)

Don't worry too much about TDEE if you've been losing weight - stick with what you've been doing! If the weight isn't coming off then yes it's worth doing a brief spell of calorie counting for a week or so just to assess what your actual intake is and whether you are over or under eating.

My advice to anyone who's relatively new to 5:2 is to treat the feed days as they would have treated any normal day before they started this way of eating - assuming, that is, that you were neither gaining nor losing weight beforehand. If you were maintaining then you were eating to your body's needs and should continue to do so for your 5 feeds :)
Re: Advice
10 Jun 2013, 21:43
Since you aren't weighing, just keep doing what you are doing until you see a reason to change. What I do is eat healthy most of the times, limit my alcohol to just a few a couple times a week and watch my portions. If I have a 'carby' meal then the other meals will be more protein and veg for a few days. I only calorie counted at the beginning to get an idea of what my meals were normally, now I don't calorie count at all.
3 posts Page 1 of 1